texes ppr 160 test

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by lilredcorvette, Jan 5, 2010.

1. lilredcorvette

lilredcorvette Rookie

Jan 5, 2010

i am in the process of studying for the ec-12 ppr test. i have all of the materials (books, notes, etc) but i am having some test anxiety. any tips on the test?:dizzy:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 6, 2010

Imagine the ideal classroom, with obedient students (unless they're specified otherwise) and assume that money's no object. Be student-centered and politically correct.

How are you generally as a test taker?

4. cowboys5

cowboys5 New Member

Jan 7, 2010

If there is anyone that has some good study tips or know of a Study guides that would help me pass the PPR EC-12. I have taken it more time than needed and may scores still seem to be around 220 ish. I am registering for the February 6th paper-base exam so any help or advice would be great.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 8, 2010

cowboys5, does your score report give any indication of specific areas in which you're coming to grief?

6. Talare

Talare Rookie

Jan 18, 2010

I have been guided to use Janice Nath's, Becoming a Middle School or High School Teacher.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 19, 2010

If a resource works for you, it's a fine resource. If it doesn't, that could be a fact about you but it's likelier to be simply that the fit between you and the resource isn't good.

In any case, always start with what's online for free on the official Web site.

8. TXTeacher2Be

TXTeacher2Be Rookie

Jan 24, 2010

I have not taken the PPR yet, but just attended a review session through my A/C program. They stressed and stressed that the test questions are based on the IDEAL classroom, as TeacherGroupie stated above. All the money and technology in the world and perfect students, teachers, and administrators.

Good luck to you! Let me know how it goes!

9. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Jan 26, 2010

I used the Interactive Study Guide for the TEXES by Nancy Hadley. It has very good information and great test taking strategies. Like everyone else has said, picture the ideal classroom; kids are well behaved, ALL parents care, money is no issue, etc. Try not to over analyze what is being asked. What helped me during the test was to read the answer choices first. I then read the question and re-read the answer choices and was able to eliminate the ones I felt weren't correct. For the questions I wasn't sure about, I made sure to select the answer that was student-centered.

Try to relax during the test and don't panic :) Good luck!

10. caralatte

caralatte New Member

Jan 28, 2010

test advice

The best advice that was given me for the generalist tests was to choose the answer that represents most work by the teacher or the answer that is highest on Bloom's Taxonomy. It worked, I passed both with flying colors. I plan on using the same strategy for the PPR. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Also, I left testing thinking I didn't pass and was very nervous, but I did very well. So you never know! ;)

11. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Jan 28, 2010

Caralatte - Thanks for the tip!

I'm going to have to use that strategy when I re-test. I passed the PPR with flying colors but the generalist, not so much. I am very nervous about taking it again that I haven't been brave enough to sign up for it. :unsure:

12. caralatte

caralatte New Member

Apr 18, 2010

The strategy worked! I passed with flying colors. Newteacher26, that strategy worked REALLY well with the generalist tests, especially when given scenerios. Try it on the study guide. You'll see what I mean! Good luck!

13. What

What Rookie

Mar 18, 2011

I took the TEXES PPR 160 test and scored a 225 I am weak in Competency 2,3,6,8,10 I don't know what I am doing wrong. After much reflection I realized that when I went back over the test I changed some answers....Help please!

14. santri69

santri69 New Member

Apr 2, 2011

I strive with the test ppr and I try to get differents alternative.

where or how get information about flying colors

15. What

What Rookie

May 9, 2011

I passed! yayayayayay ALL done....I will be certified Math 4-12...*dances through thread*

16. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 9, 2011

Congratulations, What!

17. navi

navi Rookie

Sep 30, 2011

Help

Can u plz suggest me the books and material that you used for the test? and any helpful strategies that I can use in the exam...

18. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Oct 2, 2011

I used the study guide on the TEA website. I reviewed the questions for each age group (some questions different) for extra practice. Remember Utopia. When you take the test, think the perfect class in everyway. Not the ones you have subbed in :)

19. navi

navi Rookie

Oct 7, 2011

PPR 160

Can u plz tell me how long is this test will be , I am assuming 2 and 1/2 hours...

20. navi

navi Rookie

Oct 12, 2011

EC-12 PPR

Can u suggest me the good books for the PPR EC-12 test???