Test scores on resume?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ExperiencedNewbie, Mar 12, 2017.

1. ExperiencedNewbie

ExperiencedNewbie New Member

Mar 12, 2017

So... is it a good thing to put your test scores on your resume? In our state, you are required the WEST-B in math, reading, and writing, plus the NES I & II. For all these required tests, I scored well-above the national cut scores, and I am proud of this!

I have been told that YES, you should put your college GPA, your honors (such as magna cum laude, Presidential Honors, Dean's List, etc.), but what about test scores? Yes, these get submitted to HR and are on your HR profile, but when you are at a job fair and the hiring principal's are meeting you and seeing you and your resume for the first time- should you include test scores that are well-above the average?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Phenom

Mar 12, 2017

I made a few perfect scores but didn't put them on my resume. I did list my graduation honors.

4. cocobean

cocobean Rookie

Mar 12, 2017

The way I see it is- you're required to pass those exams, you're not required to graduate with honors or with a high GPA. So, I would only include the latter.

bella84, MLB711 and ChildWhisperer like this.
  5. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Mar 12, 2017

I honestly don't think that's something important enough to put on a resume. I got perfect scores on a couple of my Praxis tests and still didn't list them on my resume. IME that's just not something hiring committees really care about. I would save the room to list more things related to your actual teaching (or student teaching, if you're just graduating).

6. agdamity

agdamity Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2017

I've found that nobody really cares what your test scores are as long as you've passed them. I would leave them off the resume.

7. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Habitué

Mar 13, 2017

You don't put test scores on resumes.
    Having your teaching license/cert shows that passed all your tests and whatnot.

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2017

Nobody cares about particular scores. They care that you passed.

9. ready2learn

ready2learn Comrade

Mar 13, 2017

I have gotten interviews before because of high scores on these tests. I didn't put the scores on my resume, but either sent them to the principal with my resume or included them in the application. I just forget which. I do remember though that I didn't spend too much time applying to the district and it was a great district. I was surprised that I got an interview, and they told me scores that were significantly higher than most people score was a reason why I got the interview. You never know what districts may value.