Teddy Bear Door Theme

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by summersun61, Jun 28, 2006.

1. summersun61

summersun61 Comrade

Jun 28, 2006

Hello everyone! I decided to go with the teddy bear theme this year and need cute door decoration ideas. I had the jungle them last year and it didnt impress the kids very much. I saw some bear/cottage decorations in the new Carson-Dellosa catalog but I need a cute phrase to go with it. I was thinking about making the outside of the room look like a cottage. Has anyone had any experience with this idea before? Also: I want to do an AR points board in a bear theme too. Any cute phrases you can think of for that?? The only bear phrase that comes to mind is the "beary good____" phrase, or the honey bee thing. I would appreciate some cute phrases to incorporate into other areas of the room as well. Thanks so much for your help!

3. summersun61

summersun61 Comrade

Jun 29, 2006

Really? There is no one with this theme?

4. Xtine

Xtine Companion

5. brandigilliard

brandigilliard Rookie

Jun 30, 2006

I thought about using a teddy bear theme as well, but I couldn't really come up with a saying to go along with it. Maybe "Mrs. Gilliard's Beary Sweet Kindergarteners"????

6. Brenda S.

Brenda S. Comrade

Jul 1, 2006

I do the teddy bear theme.

Our doors look so much the same, I put a huge pink bear on the door. He is holding a sign. It just says "Welcome to Kindergarten."
    The kids and parents watch for the bear.

Brenda

7. brandigilliard

brandigilliard Rookie

Jul 1, 2006

I think I am gonna go with a rodeo theme for my room. I can't decide on a saying to go with it. Any ideas?

8. summersun61

summersun61 Comrade

Jul 1, 2006

Thanks for the ideas! It's a great start. brandigilliard: how about using something like "Welcome to our kindergarten round up". Maybe incorporate horses, cowboys/girls into a bulletin board. I'll try to remember the link where I saw lots of rodeo themed bulletin boards and post it. Any other bear ideas?

9. summersun61

summersun61 Comrade

Jul 2, 2006

10. brandigilliard

brandigilliard Rookie

11. rose05

rose05 Rookie

Jul 3, 2006

Hello everyone. In the fall I will begin my second year teaching 2nd grade at a Catholic school. My principal would like me to use learning centers this year. I have decided that I am going to use a garden theme in my classroom using Carson Dellosa's bees and bugs decorations. I was going to use the bees to help manage the centers and maybe the bug bulletin board characters to identify the specific centers. I also decided to create a MOOSE book. I called mine our BEE Book. It will stand for Best Effort Everyday. I'm still working on deciding on the centers themselves. I feel a little overwhelmed. Does anyone have suggestions? I would really appreciate it. Have a nice holiday.

12. sally reading

sally reading Rookie

Jul 7, 2006

teddy bear ideas

I would like to share a few of the ideas I plan on using this fall. I will incorporate the book Corduroy, and let the children look for his button in the school. We will take a tour(scavenger hunt), and stop off at the main areas they need to know-PE, lunchroom, nurse, music, library, etc. They will get introduced to the one in charge, and return to the room where the button was located. They will be served button-sugar cookies.
    I plan to have a Ted E. Bear's journal, where each student will take home the bear, his journal, activitiy in a bag, and with parents write what he did over the weekend.
    Maybe have a tattle bear, if they want to tattle, they can talk to Tattle Bear sitting on a chair.
    Titles such as Beary Special Kindergartners, Beary Special, Bear Essentials-calendar etc.
    Dr. Jean has a book titled Bear Hunt also is fingerplay with same name. Serve Teddy Grahams
    Maybe have a den for a reading corner-don't know if I will try that.
    There is a site that has center signs with teddy bears on them.
    Let me know if you have other ideas to share or questions. Have a Bear-Y Good school year.

13. busyteacher

busyteacher Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

Jennifoo...I love bears too. Have you checked oout the Carson Website. There is a catalog called DJ Inkers. I bought adaorable cottage windows and a fireplace with a bear that says "Cozy up to a good book." They have a ton of bear decorations too. Also check out Teacher Paradise.com. I teach 6th grade and am thinking of A rainbow theme. Do you have any ideas?