Teachers Pay Teachers

Discussion in 'General Education' started by iamjess03, Nov 12, 2012.

1. iamjess03

iamjess03 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012

Teachers Pay Teachers question

So I love the website Teachers Pay Teachers. My question is for anyone who uses it or has the knowledge, how do you or they make these awesome worksheets with intricate designs, pictures, fonts, etc. What program are you using because I'd like to spice up the worksheets I make for my students.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Nov 12, 2012

The best design program for individual sheets in my opinion is PowerPoint. Nothing gives you as much freedom in design.

4. Jen84

Jen84 Companion

Nov 12, 2012

I agree that PowerPoint is the best. In case you don't have Microsoft Office, the Presentation program in Open Office is very similar.

5. TeacherTori

TeacherTori Rookie

Nov 12, 2012

But when you use powerpoint or openoffice where do you get the graphics from? I have wondered about making worksheets a little more upbeat as well.

6. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Nov 12, 2012

In order to sell the items we (sellers) have to ensure that the graphics are either created by us or that we have purchased them (along with a license to use them commercially). I have TONS of things I use in my classroom, but I can't/won't post them for sale because of copyright issues (you know - you find a cute graphic online, then you can't remember where you got it, etc.)

7. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Nov 13, 2012

I'd recommend Pond5.com for low-cost graphics you can use commercially. Some "royalty-free" places still have very restrictive use limits. Pond5 doesn't. They gave me permission to use their graphics even in things like PowerPoint that allow direct ripping of the image file. Most places aren't so friendly.

Normally I wouldn't support TpT with advice for sellers but I sure do love Pond5.