Teacher Catalogs

Discussion in 'General Education' started by EiffelTower, Jul 7, 2012.

1. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 7, 2012

Its time to STEP AWAY from the teacher catalogs! I've already placed orders from Really Good Stuff and Carson Dellosa. I received Trend for Kids in the mail today that has all the really, really fun stuff. Plus, I still have to buy pocket folders/spiral notebooks and other random school supplies for the upcoming year. I wish people realized how expensive teaching actually is.

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Groupie

Jul 8, 2012

This will be my 1st year teaching full time. Every few trips to the store I tell myself I/m finished shopping. Then I wind up buying more stuff. It seems never ending. Of to buy 12 pairs of scissors and more glue this morning.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2012

One of the wonders of teaching older kids-- I don't really buy much.

5. harun55

harun55 Rookie

Jul 10, 2012

I have a long and I can say it was a great experience to be a good teacher and I was really happy to share my knowledge.

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2012

Teacher catalogs definitely are addicting. Everything always looks so necessary.

7. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 10, 2012

I stopped buying all of those things and started using things like bedsheets, ribbons, etc. I love the crafty, personal feel to it and it is so. much. cheaper.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Jul 10, 2012

I love the idea of sheets because they can be used over and over. However, do you have to spray them with a fire retardant or are they already labeled as fire retardant? Our fire inspector makes us take down any fabric that has not been soaked in a fire retardant spray. I have curtains on the open parts of my build in cabinet and velcroed around a table and I only wash them every two years because the spray is very expensive and I just hate the hassle of getting permission to use it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012