Tap-It technology?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by karebear76, Oct 26, 2012.

1. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Oct 26, 2012

Anyone seen these yet or even better worked with them? I had training on them this morning, as my district has purchased two. Primarily for wheel-chair, low mobility students, but for others when the 2 aren't using them.

They seem really cool, but I am a little curious why we spent so much on only 2 things, when surely there would be other technology for same amount that would allow all students in the room to access it at same time.

http://www.teachsmart.org/About SmartEd/News and Events/News Listing/2010/Introducing TAPit.aspx

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 13, 2012

I've got a Smatboard...this looks somewhat similar...Don't know what the tap it cost, but a SB is pretty accessible for students with disabilities...or iPads....

4. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Nov 13, 2012

We were told $10K each. :eek:

We have SB in almost every classroom. The only thing with them is that our students in wheelchairs aren't able to fully participate with them.

I was thinking that kind of money would have bought iPads for each spec ed student in the district... :dizzy:

5. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Nov 14, 2012

Our kindergarten has one, the rest of the classrooms have regular smartboards.

6. bondo

bondo Cohort

Nov 14, 2012

$10k is a ton of money. Perhaps the district earned a grant or private donation?