Talk to me about feet

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dizzykates, Dec 9, 2010.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Dec 9, 2010

The outside of my foot hurts at my pinky toe joint! Sometimes it's a dull ache and sometimes its a sharp pain. Today is worse than normal! I noticed it about a week ago and I have a huge lump at the joint, but I've always had lumpy foot joints (does that make sense?) so I never think much of it, but lately it hurts!

So tell me about your foot problems...

3. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Dec 9, 2010

maybe it's your shoes?

They said on the Dr show to change up the type of shoes you wear.

4. Securis

Securis Cohort

Dec 9, 2010

I lack a kneecap due to an accident. The lack creates a certain loose attitude in my lower leg and thus I need orthotics for that leg. Despite having this in place, over time I have developed some moderate to severe tendinitis in my arc and heel. It's painful but a good stretch just before getting out of bed and another just before going to sleep helps.

Your little lump could be anything from arthritis to gout to a ganglion cyst. Hope it works out.

5. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Dec 9, 2010

It could also be a bunion. I happen to be quite familiar with bunions because I am presently recovering from foot surgery which included removing a bunion and grafting it to another bone in my foot. So, I have done LOTS of bunion research!

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 9, 2010

I have gout. With my medication, I only have to deal with "twinges" and aches. With a full-blown attack the joints are extremely painful--air can't even blow on it--and the joints are red and hot to the touch. Most people get gout in the big toe joint. I've had it so long that I get it in all my toes, one ankle, and my thumbs. My dad also got it in his knees & elbows.

7. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Dec 9, 2010

Well I am going to the doctor tomorrow for another issue so I plan to ask about it then. Bunions had crossed my mind, my mom had them too. I don't wear pointed shoes or heels on a regular basis though.

8. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Dec 9, 2010

I thought my bunions were caused by wearing the wrong kind of shoes, but the Dr said that many bunions are inherited. I must have gotten mine from a parent, which may be true in your case, as well. The good news for that is that most treatment does not involve surgery.

9. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 9, 2010

I got inherited bunions also on my pinkie toe. My dad's are so bad that they rip apart his shoes. I don't wear pointy shoes either. I haven't done anything other than wearing wider shoes but I feel your pain.

10. Xandra

Xandra New Member

Apr 30, 2015

So is it really a bunion?

What did your doctor said?

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 30, 2015

It could be a ganglion cyst or an arthritic node. I've had both. What happened at the doctor?

12. Starista

Starista Cohort

May 2, 2015

Ouch! I hope your feet feel better soon. I loathe foot pain, as previous posts can attest! Haha! What did your doctor do?