Sylvan Learning Interview Questions??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mrs.J, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Mrs.J

Mrs.J Companion

Sep 17, 2008

I was wondering if anyone who's ever worked at Sylvan Learning Center remembers what types of interview questions they asked...

Please help! :help: Thanks!!

3. Tutor

Tutor Comrade

Sep 21, 2008

The Sylvan's I worked for basically asked when can you work and how soon can you start. I'd be surprised if they asked any questions other than what grade levels and subjects can you teach.

4. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Sep 22, 2008

Did you work there as a tutor/teacher? I'm shocked, if so. Our center asks questions about how we handle certain situations, how we motivate kids, etc.

5. Iris228

Iris228 Rookie

Sep 24, 2008

I worked at another tutoring center with a big name. They asked lots of similar questions about reaching and motivating your students (especially since many are unmotivated and are there because they have been doing very badly in school and feel like giving up). They also asked about addressing behavior problems and dealing with difficult students in certain situations. I basically remember talking about using a lot of positive reinforcement and setting the child up to have little successes to build their confidence levels. It was a while ago though...but i would expect more than "when can you start?" unless you are in an area where they are in desperate need of tutors.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Fanatic

Sep 24, 2008

Same when I interviewed there. Well, I basically got hired over so they didn't even meet me before they hired me LOL