Sunday Night Teacher Blues

Discussion in 'General Education' started by catnfiddle, Apr 14, 2019.

1. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 14, 2019

3. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

Apr 14, 2019

Some of my favorite PokerStars tournaments run on Sunday, particularly the Sunday Storm.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Apr 15, 2019

I always go to church, eat lunch with my mom, and then relax/watch tv with DH on Sunday. However, I really don’t dread work. Some years I’ve had rough groups, so I’d have liked to have more time away from them. This year is great.

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2019

I really don't have any ritual, but I also don't really get the Sunday blues. Having said that, Sunday definitely has a different vibe than does Friday or Saturday.

6. rpan

rpan Cohort

Apr 16, 2019

Sunday is a day of relaxation and doing a whole lot of nothing. I don’t have a ritual per say but like others I don’t generally dread work. There are some times where it has been an awful week and I dread going back or if I know my workload for that upcoming week is massive I dread it too. But those are exceptions thankfully.

7. Aces

Aces Habitué

Apr 16, 2019

I don't really dread going to work that being said my family is always a great source of inspiration and motivation for me. I never had a great relationship with my parents — my mom died when I was young and my dad was a drunk — so really growing up the only people I had were my brothers and my sister and they're all younger than me. With how my husband works, Sunday/night is really the only chance we have we can hang out as a family unit.

Backroads likes this.
  8. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Apr 16, 2019

It actually hasn't been a thing for me in years. When I first taught before taking a career/family break, I did get it. But since I've been back, it rarely happens. I think I just take it par the course.

What's actually funny is that sometimes I do have "ugh, Sunday nights," but it has nothing to do with teaching the next day. I love my parents, I really do, but we also live a few blocks from them, and are oft expected to be at the open-invitation Sunday night dinner. A lot of the times, I'm happy to go, but other times I just don't feel like it.

9. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2019

I used to get this really bad, back when I used to really struggle. Now, I just get it at the end of breaks, or when I have a rough week ahead (meetings, meetings, meetings!!). It's not that I dread work per se, but that I dread the amount of stress and unrealistic pressure, especially from the adults I work with, not from the kids as much anymore. I combat it by making sure I have at least one thing I'm looking forward to during the week ahead. Oh, and by doing all my laundry on Sunday if possible so I can wear my favorite outfits :)