Summer trips

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Maryhf, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Apr 26, 2015

Who has a summer vacation planned? We aren't doing a family trip since my boys are going to have summer internships and can't get away. DH is going to the Indy 500 with some friends. I am going to L.A. For a conference (quite excited) in July.
    Where are you going?

3. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

Apr 26, 2015

Where am I not going? I'm going on vacation with everyone.
    I'm going to Disneyland and Hawaii with one friend.
    I'm going on two cruises, one to the Caribbean with the bestie, one Alaskan cruise with some friends from college.
    I'm going to San Francisco on a celebratory trip with two roommates, one who is celebrating finishing her first year teaching, one who is celebrating graduation from medical school.
    I'm going to Yellowstone with some people from my LDS Young Single Adult congregation.
    I'm taking my roommates to a major LDS church history site in Wyoming that they have never gotten to go see.
    I'm going to Texas right before school starts to watch my baby brother graduate Air Force basic training.
    And I'm taking my best friend hiking in the national park right by my hometown, that she's never been to.
    On top of all this, I'm moving into my first big girl, roommate-less apartment, and helping my dad retire (clean out his office, fill out paperwork) and move back to his hometown.
    It's gonna be a busy summer.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 26, 2015

I may do a couple of extended weekends here and there. Definitely making a trip out to Philly to visit family and friends. Might make a weekend trip to Kentucky to check out a couple of bourbon distilleries. Rockhubby is saving up some vacation time so we can take a big trip next year for our 10th anniversary. We're going to take a mini-vacation, probably to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 26, 2015

4 days, 3 nights in San Francisco! Haven' been since 2009.

Also, I'm planning on a few day trips or a couple days in L.A., Newport Beach, Santa Monica, & maybe San Diego & Laguna Beach. Also probably a couple of amusement parks!

6. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Apr 26, 2015

England! It's our 40th anniversary, and we're spending a few days in London and then driving the countryside.

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Apr 26, 2015

Road trip to Galveston Texas from California to go on a cruise. Flying is absolutely out since hubby has a major fear of flying and the recent events hasn't helped.... It is our 10 year anniversary so I wanted to do something special and so a cruise it is! :)

8. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Apr 26, 2015

I'm going to Boston with some friends from college this summer, and I'll also visit my hometown for a week.

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 27, 2015

If my daughter hadn't found a summer job, we were tentatively planning a trip to Vancouver. Now she has one, and possibly a second, so that's likely out the window.

I'll be spending several days visiting her in Ohio, and will have to venture further in the state to meet up with some online friends. Other than that, no plans yet.

10. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Apr 27, 2015

The last day of school, I leave to go to a board game convention in Dallas. I'll go to nearby town and move in the dorm and work at a residential academic program for a month. Then I'm going to go to see my mom in Florida. Other than that, I have jury duty and then writing my thesis.

11. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Apr 27, 2015

MrsC, please do come further into Ohio!

Going to Chicago with BF and Boston/Niagara with my parents.

12. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Apr 27, 2015

Let's do a central Ohio get-together!

13. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Apr 27, 2015

My husband and I are going to Chicago for our 10th wedding anniversary. We'll also probably take a few weekend trips with the kids.

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 27, 2015

I'm in!

15. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 27, 2015

I'm going to Washington, DC for a couple of weeks and then down to the Keys for a week or so. We splurged on the DC trip and got a nice hotel suite right near the Mall.

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 27, 2015

I love walking around the Mall! A friend of mine works in DC and she can see it from her office window so she posts lots of pics and I'm so jealous :p
    This summer before summer school starts we will probably take a 4-5 day trip somewhere and then later in the summer take a 3 day weekend for a mini trip.

17. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 27, 2015

WOOT!

18. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Apr 27, 2015

I might be able to make it over that way... :)

19. tigger88

tigger88 Rookie

Apr 27, 2015

My husband and I are planning a 5 day trip to San Antonio, TX in July :) I'm looking forward to it!! We celebrate our 5 year anniversary on May 13 and San Antonio is where we went for our Honeymoon :)

We also may plan a few 3 day weekend trips to Branson, MO and Eureka Springs, AR. That will all depend on if I am lucky enough to get another teaching job before summer is over :( I've applied a few places but haven't been called for an interview yet :(