Students with Disabilities CST

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by luv2teach, Jul 19, 2004.

1. luv2teach

luv2teach Rookie

Jul 19, 2004

Has anyone taken the CST for students with Disabilities? If so any suggestions? I'm taking the test in Aug. PLEASE any advice let me know

3. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Jul 20, 2004

The NY test you mean? I took it in April or May or something; I passed on my first try (I scored around 285 and passing is 220). Have you been to the testing website? I don't know it off hand, but I went there, printed out whatever information/practice questions they had, and that's all I studied. The essay was fairly easy, it was something about promoting independence in a student, you had to make up the student, age level, disability, and state techniques you'd use. Really, the practice questions helped a lot, I did them in my car waiting for the test to start (it was an afternoon test and I'd just taken the morning one before that). If I remember anything else, I'll reply again. Do you have any specific questions? GOOD LUCK!!

Ellen A.

4. luv2teach

luv2teach Rookie

Jul 20, 2004

thanks so much ellen. I heard from coworkers that the NY CST for student with disabilities was very hard. I printed out the material that was online and that's what I'm studying now. If you could think of anything else please email me.
    thanks again

5. milap

milap Guest

Sep 17, 2004

teacher

hi,luv2teach how was your test, I will take the CST for students with Disabilities test on october. PLEASE any advice let me know or do you have questions?