Student Teaching Spring 2010? Roll call!

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Mrs. Q, Dec 12, 2009.

1. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jan 4, 2010

Student teaching will last from 1/20-5/4 for me... same schedule as our spring academic calendar. I'm also taking two classes on top of it -- the seminar and history of the English language. Yikes!

2. CDV3888

CDV3888 Rookie

Jan 4, 2010

I am student teaching 2/3rd grade I/VE! I haven't met with my CCT yet. I start next Tuesday. I am so excited!

3. podgybelle

podgybelle Rookie

Jan 8, 2010

I'm student teaching Jan 19 to April 30, and I'm so nervous! I get an inferiority complex when I'm around the other student teachers; I just feel so inexperienced next to them. I hope we can all support each other here =)

4. JackTrader

JackTrader Comrade

Jan 8, 2010

Unfortunately, I don't know yet where I will be student teaching - seems that my university is having a tough time placing students (see other thread in this category).

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jan 8, 2010

Oh, that stinks!!!!! I at least know my school! ugh- I am sorry. I know how anxious I am to meet my teacher and all- I cannot imagine not even having my school! argh! That would be super frustrating! Here, I am whining I do not know my teacher or grade level lol. They told us the first of the month- they made it like they were waiting on our paper work. The P told us she had everything set and all placements decided, but she would not tell us because there might be changes because one girl was waiting confirmation that she passed her MTEL- well she got the pass on the 28th! We are all still waiting though. I sympathize with you.

As a previous poster was saying about support, I am definitely here to support you all and I know I am going to need it too! This is an amazing forum. I absolutely love it here!

6. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jan 8, 2010

What is I/VE? Intensive... hmm, I am lost.

Ugh! You have not met your CT yet and you start sooo soon! drats! I think it will end up the same at my placement. But I am going to a professional development day there on the 19th so that is wicked cool. Maybe I will get to meet her/him then! yay! Good luck! Keep us posted!

7. CDV3888

CDV3888 Rookie

Jan 11, 2010

My CT and I played phone tag for a bit but we are meeting tomorrow. I was going to meet her last Friday but I was so sick and my eyes were red and puffy so it was best this way.
    I/VE =Independent/Varying Execeptionalities :)

8. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Jan 13, 2010

I'm meeting my CT tomorrow morning and the other CT the next morning! Sooooo nervous! Wish me luck everyone =)

9. Traveller698

Traveller698 Rookie

Jan 13, 2010

I begin my student teaching on Jan 25th and it lasts for 14 weeks. I have 2 cooperating teachers who are responsible for me. One coop teaches only math and the other only language arts. I'll spend my day working with both of them. Some of the class periods I will teach 3rd grade and others I will teach 5th grade. Seems confusing now but I'm excited and looking forward to these new challenges. I'm ready to get out of the college classroom and into my new teaching classroom.

10. JackTrader

JackTrader Comrade

Jan 13, 2010

I finally got my ST placement, and thank heavens, it will be at my first choice school site! I will be meeting the CT this Friday and start observations the following week! I am excited and apprehensive at the same time.

11. Hello.Mitra

Hello.Mitra Rookie

Jan 17, 2010

I start my first internship next week, and am so excited! I am with 2nd grade for the first half and 4th (which I really enjoy!) grade for the second half.

My placement is in a school about 30 minutes away, with traffic, and I have student taught here many times. It was one of my requests, so I am happy to go back to this school.

I e-mailed my first supervising teacher a week ago; however, I have yet to hear back from her :\ I guess she will get her introduction done on the first day.

The only thing that stresses me out is the workload expected from me from the three classes I am taking at my university! I cannot believe how much they are expecting the junior interns to do while in their placement. This is a great experience to try a lot of techniques out and become comfortable with them.

I'm so excited!

12. cnc

cnc Rookie

Jan 18, 2010

I start student teaching this week, and I am so anxious. I will be teaching high school English, both general and honors classes. I'm so nervous that I will mess up, yet I am excited because I know this will be a great experience for me.

13. JackTrader

JackTrader Comrade

Jan 19, 2010

Yep, I will finally be starting this week, observing classes to start. It was a bit hectic getting my placement done - hopefully it will be good.

14. TXTeacher2Be

TXTeacher2Be Rookie

Jan 20, 2010

I just joined the group...and just started my first day of student teaching today. My mentor teacher is great! I feel very lucky to be in her class. I am going to learn so much.

15. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jan 21, 2010

Welcome and good luck!

16. TXTeacher2Be

TXTeacher2Be Rookie

Jan 21, 2010

Thanks SwOcean Gal!