Stress Free

Discussion in 'General Education' started by callmebob, Jan 24, 2013.

1. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2013

I have to say that knowing this is my last year of teaching, this year has been much less stressful. I am not worried about all of the little things, I am just teaching and it is such a relief. My new stress now that I have finished the program I was in is applying for new jobs. Currently on the job hunt and I know it doesn't just happen over night, but my goal is to try and find a new job sometime between Spring Break and the end of the year. Ideally I would be gone before we get down to the last month or two.

3. readingrules12

readingrules12 Fanatic

Jan 24, 2013

I think it would be great if you could make it to the end of the school year. It is a great thing to do for the students and it could help if you ever need the school as a reference. I know if I owned a business and I had a teacher who was coming to work for me and was breaking his/her teacher contract, that would be a huge minus while no minus if you finished out your contract.

I wish you luck and hope you do well in whatever career you pursue.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 24, 2013

What new career are you embarking on?

One of my coworkers resigned at the beginning of the week and she said her stress level has gone way down.

5. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2013

My goal is to find something when I can. I really do not want to go into the summer without a contract and no job. That would equal no income. Other career fields hire at all different times during the year. I should not have to wait it out and have them hold me hostage and then put me in a bad situation financially. When the jobs are available I have to go for them.

6. Math

Math Cohort

Jan 24, 2013

Do you have any idea of what you want to do?

7. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2013

Just finished up a Masters Degree in Accounting. Already have started sending out resumes. My goal is to try and find something in 3-6 months.