Storing Bulletin board "trim"

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TeacherSandra, Aug 9, 2007.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2007

ok; I messed up big time. My husband and brother-in-law built me a beautiful custom cabinet for my classroom; it was sized so that my bulletin board boxes could fit in there. Well; I forgot all about my bulletin board trim/border box!!!! I have nowhere to store/hide the box!!! It's gotta be out in the open.
    I looked in the teacher store catalog and spotted a Border storage bag which costs about $13. Anyone use one? It's pretty cool...you store your trim (about 13 sets total) and then fold - it looks like a wind sock. I'm really thinking about investing in two of them.

:help:

Love this site,
    Sandra

3. Ms.MB

Ms.MB Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

I haven't seen the storage bags, but I also would like some ideas as to how to store them. Right now they are just stuffed at the bottom of my closet.

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 9, 2007

Link a picture or a site. I've been looking.

5. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Aug 9, 2007

The storage bag is great. Doesn't hold as much as the boxes do, but it is perfect. Definately get two if you have a bunch.

When they finish building your cabinet, send them on to GA. :)

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2007

The teacher store down here that sells them has a website; unfortunately, there isn't an online catalog at least I don't see it, but I'm not computer savvy.

Here is their link if anyone can figure out what to do:

www.GatewayP.com

Item number: CD5652 BORDER STORAGE $12.99

"Protect, organize and store your borders in this portable store unit with durable handle for storage or carrying. Five clear plastic pockets, each 37" x 4". Folds to 4 3/4: x 38" and secures with hook-and-loop tape for easy closure. Overall size is 38" x 25"."

When it is all closed up, it resembles a windsock.

I'm gonna go down there tomorrow and purchase one (for now); if the box has any more info like the brand, etc...I will repost that information.

Love this site,
    Sandra

7. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 10, 2007

It is Carson-Dellosa. What I can't figure out is how you get 13 sets in there. Even if you did it only has 5 clear windows (pockets) and I would think you would want to readily see what you are accessing. I've been looking at that and their bulletin board bags and on both I wonder how useful it would be if you can't store/see/access much. If you have one, what do you like about it?

8. IRAEnglishT-chr

IRAEnglishT-chr Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

You can hang enough for two bulletin boards from one of those kids' pants hangers...the clippy ones? This provides storage in a closet that has a rack and you can look through them pretty quickly to find what you need.

9. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 10, 2007

I have two of them. The only problem is that some of the borders are to long to go in the pouch. I just clip these in.

10. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2007

I purchased one today! It IS by Carson-Delossa and I really do like it! I have to get another one tomorrow; I have an awful lot of borders and the second one will be full like the first. I already promised myself that I am not going to buy any more borders. I am even giving away at least 5 sets that I'm not too crazy about.
    anyhow...

I am finding out that it houses at least 15 sets (3 per panel) total. And you have to open and close it on a table. There is just no other way; otherwise, everything will spill out. Fold down from the top and work your way down. Then use all 3 velcros. It stays very neat and tidy. I'm wondering why they didn't add at least one button per sleeve just to keep the trims in place; but they didn't.

Love this site,
    Sandra
    PS - If I can learn to post pictures here, I will!

11. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2007

Well; I have the pics on my computer now; let's see if I can do this.

hmmm...It's asking for a URL in order to insert my image. I haven't the foggiest!

If someone will let me send them an email w/photos, perhaps you can post the 2 pictures?

Thanks,
    Sandra

12. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

I was able to post them!!!! Thank you to the special angel who jotted me a note on how to do it!:D

so sorry, I forgot to turn one of the photos around. But that is the bag when it is all closed up. My son is holding it up (he's standing in front of a curtained door).

:)

Love this site,
    Sandra

14. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 11, 2007

Ooooooh I like your border holder! Neat!! I just have the border box and chunk them in there in their packs.

15. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

Thank you SpecialPreskoo, my special angel helper!!! :)

I really LOVE this bag; actually I have two now! :D

Love this site,
    Sandra

16. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 11, 2007

Where did you find them? Catalog or at a store?