Starbucks Boardwalk Game

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TrademarkTer, Aug 19, 2018.

1. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

Aug 19, 2018

I've always been more of a Dunkin guy as I grew up in town where there was no Starbucks so I've become accustomed to Dunkin. That said, the "go-to" gift that I receive from students at the end of the year tends to be Starbucks cards. Since I've collected so many I went ahead and downloaded the app and became a rewards member. They have this Boardwalk game that you can play up to three times a day (you get plays for making purchases, but you can also fill out a form to get up to 3 free plays per day). This morning I won 250 stars on my spins, which is 2 free items! Pretty good deal I'd say, and I love this type of game. Usually I don't win much so I was happy with this result.

Have you played at all? Win anything good?

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 19, 2018

We don't have a Starbucks here. Or a Dunkin Donuts. Or, come to think of it, any kind of coffee place. You can get coffee at the gas station, McDonald's, or Hardee's. I don't go by any of those on the way to work, so I guess it's a good thing I don't like coffee.

4. flairpen

flairpen Rookie

Aug 19, 2018

Starbucks gift cards are definitely the most popular gift I get. I was cleaning out my wallet the other day and found 8 (!) Starbucks gift cards that I received at the end of the school year. I think I need the app.

5. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 20, 2018

I've been playing, and I've won 20 stars so far. It's a better game than the past few they've done, and it doesn't change my spending habits at all, so I appreciate the bonus bonus stars!

6. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2018

Ack! Thank you for reminding me! My wife gets coffee pretty often, so I make sure I do all the AMOE (free entry) to try to win as many stars as possible :p I hadn't done it in a few days, though. So far I have won 10 stars.

(On the other hand, I did win $10 in Box Tops and then earn another $6 in Box Tops through shopping for my school already...hoping to get lucky with the Starbucks & the $500 Patterson Grant coming up!)

7. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2018

I have the Starbucks app but haven't seen anything about the boardwalk game yet -- maybe since I don't get push notifications and I only get Starbucks on Fridays as my reward for surviving the week :D We also have a Peet's coffee and I would go there if they had an app -- I love ordering ahead and just picking up!

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 21, 2018

https://travelwithgrant.boardingare...-rewards-app-free-drink-after-first-check-in/

(And "Peetnik": wouldn't you know...)

9. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 21, 2018

I've been playing the game and doing the three spins a day for free since it started. Congrats on your 250 star win! I've gotten 10 a bunch of times so am getting close to a free drink through that. I like Starbucks but don't treat myself too often so my holiday gift cards from my students usually last me a few months which is great.

10. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 21, 2018

Yes! I'm hoping for the Patterson Grant too!