Staff Secret Santa gifts

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by TeachtheWorld, Dec 12, 2008.

1. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Dec 12, 2008

I need your help!!! We have drawn names for Secret Santa. We are to give small gifts ($5.00) each day next week and one big gift on Friday when we reveal. I want to do something "creative" instead of the same ol' thing. Any ideas? Oh yeah...I drew the principal's name! :eek:

3. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Dec 12, 2008

How about a coffee theme? It is always hard for me. I'm not creative. Do you know his interests?

It is kinda fun to look up famous quotes about your theme of gifts, and include them w/the presents.

4. Miz Liz

Miz Liz Rookie

Dec 12, 2008

How about a nice desk set and each day give one piece (so that each day isn't necessarily over $5) and then the last day could be the holder?

I like that type of present for Secret Santa because then you're not getting a bunch of random stuff but something that all goes together (and can be a bit nicer).

5. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Dec 12, 2008

If he will be traveling over the vacation it would be nice to give him a couple of good books to read and maybe a fun DVD for the plane ride.

6. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Dec 13, 2008

Thank you for the ideas but...the staff bought her a nice desk set last year for Christmas and she doesn't drink coffee. :) She's kinda hard to buy for. She loves chocolate, root beer (we're from the south), and wind chimes.:D

7. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Dec 13, 2008

I would go for chocolate during the week and a wind chime as the final gift.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 13, 2008

How about making her something chocolate each day, and at the end give her a big tray of all the chocolate? You can make some very simple chocolate candies: chocolate covered marshmallows, dipped ritz crackers, fudge, chocolate iced rice crispies, etc.

9. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Dec 13, 2008

dipped ritz crackers?? never heard that one before.

I do like the idea of dipped food items throughout the week. I would love getting something like that. Dipped pretzels one day, dipped strawberries the next, and so on....

10. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Dec 14, 2008

Love the ideas. I love to make candies at Christmas.

11. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Dec 14, 2008

Make your final gift a BASKET with all her FAV stuff that she has revealed; chocolate, root beer and a windchime. Find out more about what else she likes so you can include in your daily gifts. During the week get her a diff type of chocolate with a cool pen, then with a diff kind of pencil, then with a cute notepad, etc. and/or a little bottle of rootbeer, etc.
    Oh! With the basket on FRIDAY, have your CLASS do a POSTER BOARD signed by all of them & you, of course and decorated very nicely, to be hung in her office. Not that many teachers think of doing a poster for the Principal BUT why not? It would definitely be a HIT! He/She is the MAIN PERSON for your school.:thumb:
    The Principal can make or break your school!
    Rebel1

12. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Dec 14, 2008

I think it would be cute to get her $5 gift cards each day and a bigger one on the final day. Get her cards from places she likes or probably likes and that $5 would actually buy something - Sonic, McDonald's, etc... maybe the bigger card could be for Barnes & Noble.

13. firstgradeteach

firstgradeteach Comrade

Dec 15, 2008

Get her a chocolate fountain on the last day! Let her know that she can feel free to bring it to all of the staff meetings! :)

14. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 15, 2008

oh, yes very good! You take two ritz crakers and put them together with peanutbutter in the middle and then you dip it in reg. choc. not white(well you could do white but I think they taste nasty with white cho.)