Spring bulletin boards!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by juldo, Mar 16, 2007.

1. juldo

juldo Rookie

Mar 16, 2007

It is that time! New teacher here looking for some tips on some good spring bulletin boards. Tia!!!:love:

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Mar 17, 2007

What grade level? I am thinking of doing a board with the phrase "Great Work is Blooming" to post good papers o.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 17, 2007

One of my ideas that was accepted by Mailbox but not yet printed is this:

Title - Swing Into Spring
    Use wood-grain contact paper to make the seat of a swing.
    Use real rope to make the handles of a swing, construction paper or more contact paper for the top part.
    You could hang the swing from a branch if you want to.

I decorated the top of the board with butterflies made from coffee filters (marker designs, then wet them) and pipe cleaners for the antennea.

The rest of the board held student work.

5. prettyinpink

prettyinpink Rookie

Mar 17, 2007

I did a Spring Into Symmetry board with butterflies, flowers, kites, and baseball and bat with lines of symmetry...it was really cute...i also had the kids write what their day would be like as a kite and we made kites to hang on the other bulletin board...i have been getting rave reveiws on both

6. Mama P

Mama P Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

The coffee filters sound interesting. Can you please explain how to make these? I am looking for something 'fun' to do for spring.:angel:

7. aorth83

aorth83 Rookie

Mar 19, 2007

A shower of Vivid Verbs

On my bulletin board I had my students color in an umbrella and write a springy noun on it like butterfly, frog, bunny, flower, rain, puddle well you get the picture right? Then on raindrops they wrote verbs that go with the noun so if it was bunny it could be: run, hop, sniff, and sleep. It is actually pretty cute.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 19, 2007

Just color regular round coffee filters in random designs with bright colored markers. Then fold the filters with a point at the bottom and hold the point in a shallow thing of water. Let the filter soakup some water, then turn the filter around so the water spreads throughout. Lay the filter on something until it dries. I use a fan on low, too. Then scrunch the filters in the middle and tie with pipe cleaners. Beautiful butterflies, like magic! You can also make flowers with the filters by scrunching the center of the filter and using the pipe cleaner as the stem.

9. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 19, 2007

My door is the only "bulletin board" space in my room besides the parent info board that doesn't have the kid's work on it. I just redid it today, and it's REALLY cute. I made 3 yellow umbrellas with "Showers" "of fun in" "Intermediates." I cut out raindrops from light blue construction paper, outlined them in blue marker, and wrote each kid's name on one of them. It looks REALLY cute :)

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 20, 2007

I did "Sweet Smelling Synonyms" last year-I used giant flowers with a boring word written in the middle (said, many, big, etc) then the kids found synonyms that were better word choices and wrote them on the petals. I also did "Hook Your Reader" and had fish hooks with various hooks for writing (dialogue, engaging question, event from the middle, etc). I gave the kids fish cut outs and had them write a story starter using that type of hook. I loathe bulletin boards, so the more interactive (i.e. less work for me) or "permanent", the better!

kcjo

11. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Mar 21, 2007

Here are some things that are on display in my room and outside.

An acrostic poem using LUCKY and it's the shape of a shamrock.

A writing activity in the shape of an Easter Egg where the kids describe why they are helping the Easter Bunny decorate and hand out the eggs.

A glyph for Earth Day.

I just have a mis-mash of things and will probably leave all of that out until school ends.

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Mar 22, 2007

Prefix umbrellas-Each student writes a prefix you have studied recently and its meaning on a construction paper parasol. You want a variety of prefixes on the different umbrellas-Suzy does dis-, Kaleb does un-, and so forth. Then each student cust out four or five raindrops and writes one word with his/her prefix on each raindrop. Raindrops are tied to the underside of the umbrella with yarn (light blue if possible).