Sorry if this seems like a silly question....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ktmiller222, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Comrade

Mar 19, 2017

About three years ago, I applied to a great school district. They contacted me to come in for an interview but I was going on vacation that week (in another country) and couldn't go to it. I practically sent a begging email (asking for another date) to the three people listed on the invited and told them that I wasn't going to be in town. They never responded....I was heartbroken.
    So I sent in an application a few weeks ago to the same district because I saw that they posted a position that I have a great deal of experience in (it's still posted). Do you think they remember me??? The girl that begged?? lol I believe 2/3 people are still at the same job. I think I am being silly and paranoid....but I just hope that random email from a few years ago doesn't come back to haunt me. I got an email back that stated they received my information. This position has been on my mind ever since I saw it posted and I am hoping I get a chance at it. I never took a day off of my current teaching job and I am ready to call off if I get called in for interviews. I didn't even plan any vacation this summer because I want to be available for whatever comes my way.....fingers crossed!!!

3. christie

christie Rookie

Mar 19, 2017

I can't imagine they remember you. More than likely they didn't get back to you because they had one day set aside for interviews and just moved on to the next name on the list when you couldn't attend.