So You Want to Be (or already are) an Online Educator?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by catnfiddle, Jul 13, 2014.

1. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 15, 2017

1. Definitely dress professionally! I ask mostly because some interviews are done online specifically to see how you would handle being on webcam. In this case, it's blended, so a suit top with fuzzy slippers is out.
    2. Currently, I'm in an in-person setting (I've always hated the term "brick and mortar") but with the high hopes to help implement an online component for our students. It wasn't specifically leaving online teaching, but moving from one school to another to open some new opportunities for myself (including going for my administrative license).

2. Teacher girl yeah

Teacher girl yeah Rookie

Jul 17, 2017

Thanks so much for answering my questions. : ) I picked out an outfit yesterday and am reviewing my interview "stuff" today. Have a great day and let me know if you have any interview tips.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 17, 2017

If you can think of successes and challenges with individual students, they'll probably ask you about that. Much of online teaching is one-on-one over the phone as well as over the computer. See what you can find out about their learning management system (LMS), which is the fancy term for what programs and websites they use. Ask about them. I'd also ask them about their policies for attendance and engagement (do they require students to do a certain amount of assignments per week or is just logging in and out enough). It may sound weird, but sometimes having the right questions can be as important as having the right answers.

a2z likes this.
  4. Dr Manish Borasi

Dr Manish Borasi New Member

Jul 20, 2017

Online studies is smart study internet is full of knowledge this create smartness in student