SLLA 6011- admin exam

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by frteach, Jan 24, 2016.

1. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Jun 19, 2017

Has anyone taken this test recently? I have a practice book from a colleague of mine but am still worried about it. I am an excellent writer but horrible with multiple choice. I hear you have to be good at multiple choice but its pretty much common sense and picking the best of the four answers.

Thank you for the information and God Bless.

-David DiCaprio

2. whizkid

whizkid Rookie

Jun 19, 2017

I'd recommend the practice test on the ETS testing site so you're familiar with it. The multiple choice is weighed much more heavily than the writing. Answer all questions as if you're an administrator and not a teacher.

3. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Sep 13, 2017

Thanks WhizKid. I am going to buy the $20.00 practice test. I wonder if it is updated frequently.

Take care,
    David

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2017

I doubt it. Get the test done before they switch the test to the new standards (if they haven't changed it already).

5. MooSRI850

MooSRI850 Rookie

Sep 13, 2017

Don't get too fancy with your writing. The evaluators are more worried about the information that you provide. My answers were in bullet form and I scored very well on the writing portion.

6. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2017

The training I went to also recommended bulleting. Some guy travels around to different universities and charges like $100-$150 for a session. He used to grade the exam for the company.

David DiCaprio likes this.
  7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 14, 2017

Try working through LearningExpress's Reasoning Skills Success in 20 Minutes a Day, taking it as a handbook on cracking multiple choice questions.

In a well-written test for grownups, it shouldn't be the case for most multiple choice questions that the answer is obvious on first glance. We're all used to this with math tests - one expects to have to do some calculation in order to determine the answer, no? But experience suggests that teacher tests go in less for choosing the right definition of a term than they do for applying the concept behind the term to derive a result. The correct answer choice is the one whose specifics and assumptions deviate least from the ones in the question stem. If the question stem describes what turns out to be a grade 7 student with inattentive-type ADHD, while answer choice b describes an intervention that is suited to a grade 2 student who's high functioning on the autism spectrum, some other answer choice is likely to be correct. It can be helpful to use the scratch paper to make assumptions visible and thus facilitate matching them up.

David DiCaprio likes this.
  8. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Thank you!

AlwaysAttend likes this.
  9. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Thanks

T

Thank yoU!!!!!!

10. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:43 AM

THank you!!!!!!

11. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:29 PM

Now for the timing... everyone has told me to leave timing for my Essay's but list (like you all have mentioned).

1.) Is it set up like this??? You do the multiple choice (Say you take two hours even). Then it makes you stop to take a ten minute break. Then when you return to do the Essay questions, you have two additional hours to complete that portion? Basically, can time carry over?

2.) When you fill out paperwork when you register, that does NOT go against your time right?

Thanks friends,
    David

12. David DiCaprio

David DiCaprio Rookie

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:29 PM

Now for the timing... everyone has told me to leave timing for my Essay's but list (like you all have mentioned).

1.) Is it set up like this??? You do the multiple choice (Say you take two hours even). Then it makes you stop to take a ten minute break. Then when you return to do the Essay questions, you have two additional hours to complete that portion? Basically, can time carry over?

2.) When you fill out paperwork when you register, that does NOT go against your time right?

Thanks friends,
    David

13. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:25 PM

Time does not role over. You will have tons of time left after multi choice. You choose when to start the next section.

No, initial paper work does not count toward time.