Show and Tell ideas needed

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by MsPam, Oct 8, 2006.

1. MsPam

MsPam Rookie

Oct 8, 2006

Hello. I wanted to start doing "show and tell" in my pre-k classroom but I am looking for more ideas. I would like to stick to a theme. So far, i have:
    1. Family picture show and tell
    2. Favorite toy day
    3. Show-and-tell about something that symbolizes Spring (or Winter, Fall, etc.)
    If you have any other ideas, please share them. Also, if you do show and tell in your classroom, how many kids per day do you have and also how do you decide who is going each day?? Thank you for your help.
    -Pam

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 8, 2006

You can have a surprise theme.
    Animals/Pet (but not live)
    Transportation
    Favorite Book

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 8, 2006

We do show-and-share on Fridays and the kids (well, the ones who remember) bring in something that starts with the letter of the week. They bring it up to the front, tell us what it is, and we ask them a couple of questions (what color is it? Where did you get it? Who gave it to you?), then they get to walk around the circle and SHOW it to their friends (don't touch, just look). We have 15 kids who come on Fridays, but don't usually have more that 6-7 who bring in something. It takes about 10 minutes.

5. Myname

Myname Comrade

Oct 8, 2006

We have the kids bring whatever they want. This year I said lets have them follow the theme or letter of the week. Most will remember. We have 20 kids one at a time will share.

6. MsAnn

MsAnn Companion

Oct 9, 2006

I only do 'Star of the Week' show and share, so only one shows each Friday. The kids are much more focused this way and it's very sweet. They love being the star too. :)

As for the weekly themes, why not go along with your theme that you are teaching on? They could tie in to the color, letter or main focus.

7. worldweissweb

worldweissweb New Member

Oct 9, 2006

Music theme - musical instruments, books about music, etc...
    Art or picture theme - a picture from home, or a piece of art. The art can be store-bought, or something they made. Have them explain the history of the piece.
    Favorite book
    Career (jobs) theme - Something from your parent's job. Or, just something from a grown-up job. What do they want to be when they grow up?

8. mrs.oz

mrs.oz Companion

Oct 9, 2006

I do color show and tell or letter.

9. MsPam

MsPam Rookie

Oct 9, 2006

Thank You

:thanks: Thank you for all your ideas. Back to school tomorrow!!!!!
    -Pam