Should I stay or go? What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pisces, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Pisces

Pisces Rookie

Jan 15, 2019

Thank you for your input, everyone. I appreciate the responses.
    I have decided to stay... and yes you were all correct in that I answered my own question. ;)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Jan 15, 2019

Based on what you wrote, I would stay. Thee only positive that would come out of leaving is the increased money, but with that comes the uncertainty of the new environment, expectations, coworkers, boss, students... You could be leaving a perfect place for you to a knew place where you're miserable for more money.
    However, I am the type that would stay in most cases because it's safer.

Pisces likes this.
  4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jan 16, 2019

Money is not everything. The increased stress and coaching/extracurricular, which you do not want, are huge drawbacks to me.

Pisces likes this.
  5. a2z

a2z Maven

Jan 16, 2019

Do what feels best. More money isn't always worth the extra stress and you already know that there is a requirement that you absolutely do not want. Prestige isn't always worth the change.

You wanted to leave your current school for issues that no longer exist, and it seems won't return. You express the desire for a more stress free work environment, which you have.

My only confusion is why you want to ask for a raise from your current school just because you received a request for an interview from a feeler you put out. It isn't as if that other district sought you out entirely on their own.

Pisces likes this.
  6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2019

I think you have answered your own question.

Pisces and SpecialPreskoo like this.
  7. Backroads

Backroads Fanatic

Jan 16, 2019

If the money wouldn't significantly improve some other faucet of your life (as if you were struggling financially now and ultimately your take-home pay would fix that), or another aspect of the job change wouldn't fix a major need in a similar fashion, I'd just stay.

You're happy, you're comfortable, you can always branch out to bigger and better things later if you so desire.

Pisces likes this.
  8. Pisces

Pisces Rookie

Jan 16, 2019

In the private sector (including independent schools), it's perfectly acceptable to ask for a yearly raise. I dont work for a school district or the public sector.