Here's my situation. I was hired last year in a great district and have enjoyed working here all year. However, there was some drama when I was hired. I had already accepted another position and had to back out. Please don't think poorly of me for doing so. It was a very difficult decision but it came down to what would be best for me and my family. I hadn't signed a contract yet and they had a few weeks before school started to find someone else. I do feel like I absolutely burned a bridge in that district by backing out of a position I already accepted and I'd like to avoid further bridge-burning among districts if possible. So now we're approaching the end of the school year. I've been told that it's standard procedure that the district lays off all non-tenured teachers and decides over the summer who they will need and recall. I've had very positive feedback, there's been no talk of a staff reduction, and my position is definitely needed for next year. But...there are no guarantees of anything. Another teacher has told me that, in the past, there have been teachers that haven't been rehired for reasons that she cannot understand. So, sometimes it's hard to predict. I'm torn as to whether or not to look for another job. I definitely want to continue with this district and it would kill me to turn them down if they decide to rehire me because I've might have already signed a contract with another district. Also, I don't want to burn any more bridges with other districts by accepting a position and backing out if my current district calls. I don't want to sound like I'm boasting but I did have multiple offers last year so it's within the realm of possibility that what I'm worrying about could occur. On the other hand, though, I don't want to be complacent and not look for a job and then wind up with nothing. What would you do?