Shame on you Chicago!

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by mrswhatsurname, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2012

She actually joined last year to vent about being disrespected as a special education teacher. She said she was looking for advice but never responded to the replies. That initial post is actually why I didn't reply to her today regarding her thoughts on the strike...she complains about not being treated professionally, but can't connect the dots here.

2. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2012

Pretty ironic, huh?

3. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Sep 10, 2012

can we have this removed?

4. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Sep 10, 2012

Dear Chicago teachers,
    THANK YOU for your hard work, including during these upcoming days. Your struggles for the students of Chicago are being watched by the country and we might not be as loud as those who are name calling, but so many of us are supporting you and wishing we can help. The only way I know if helping is discussing what the real issues are with others - so although started in questionable manner, this thread seems to have been more productive than not. Hang in there and thank you for keeping those of us across the country posted.

5. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Sep 10, 2012

Please. :rolleyes: Can't this be said for every situation? You can always find someone who has it worse; that does not mean CPS teachers should not ty to improve their situation/system just because other teachers nation wide feel like they have it worse.

I (and the Baltimore City Teachers Union) support CTU and CPS' teachers.

6. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Sep 10, 2012

:yeahthat::agreed:

7. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Sep 10, 2012

:wub:

Thank you!

Off to bed now....another 4:30am day awaits. Please send good and peaceful thoughts to negotiators. Hopefully they will do the right thing soon. I miss my kids already! :(

8. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Sep 10, 2012

Definitely a troll.

I asked a serious question, sincerely wanting a response that may have furthered the dialogue.

Kids are free to disagree in my classroom anytime they please, however, they need to say more than "I don't like it."

You haven't responded to any of the documentation that has been posted.

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Sep 10, 2012

:rofl:

10. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Sep 10, 2012

Yes. It has been a very long, yet empowering day!

Thank you to all of you who have supported us and have watched this struggle over the past few months. May we have a resolution soon that benefits our students.

If you are on facebook.

"like"
    Chicago Teacher Union and The Chicago Teacher's Solidarity Campaign. Both have daily (sometimes multiple times a day) updates and also have several pictures, bits of information and news from less biased news sources.

11. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Sep 11, 2012

Good riddance troll.

12. TeacherTori

TeacherTori Rookie

Sep 11, 2012

And how would you feel if a child was seriously hurt in the poor dangerous conditions of the current classrooms there. I think the teachers there had to make a hard decision and weighed the effects of the students missing these days now to the effects of continued poor learning environments for years to come.

13. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Sep 11, 2012

Not how he is described by my friends in Chicago (and most of them are Democrats)

14. greendream

greendream Cohort

Sep 11, 2012

Although I do support the Chicago teachers, I really don't like what I'm seeing from this thread with all the "troll" comments. So what if the OP only had one post? Controversial issues often prompt people to speak up who wouldn't have otherwise. It's far too simplistic to dismiss someone we disagree with as a "troll"--then we never have to deal with the content of their position.

15. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Sep 11, 2012

CPS is like another planet to me. They have more kids in 3 blocks than we have in our entire school system. Our working conditions are far from optimum and nurses come maybe once a week. Social workers only if called. Libraries, not always. But salary is nothing even close. I hope it works out for all involved, especially for the children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.