SERIOUSLY! ANOTHER BUG PROBLEM(BED BUGS)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherCuriousExplore, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a2z

a2z Maven

Aug 21, 2018

I don't understand abandoning all of your things when so much of it will not be affected. I also don't understand abandoning clothing when it can be cleaned properly to remove bedbugs and their eggs.

Just because you are upset doesn't mean you should loose all sense of reasoning.

There are right ways and wrong ways to go about this problem. You are going the wrong way about it. Go through the right channels to break your lease, if it can be broken. If the professional won't give you something written showing how long he believes the infestation has been in the apartment, find out of another one will. If they say longer than you lived there you have proof that the landlord bears responsibility.

Sure hope you bagged and tied up those clothes and kept them outside at your parents house before you washed each bag one by one.

2. a2z

a2z Maven

Aug 21, 2018

So your lease is month-to-month? Most people do year long leases because they are cheaper. If it is month-to-month you aren't really breaking a lease. Maybe that is why we are all confused by what you are telling us. You initially said you won't renew your lease, but didn't specify it is month to month.

As others have said, there may be legal ramifications of you leaving your stuff there for the landlord to deal with when you leave.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2018

SMH

4. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Cohort

Aug 21, 2018

No. During the first 3 months, you aren't locked into the lease.

5. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

I AM NOT CHANCING IT. CLOTHES AND ALL CAN STAY IN THERE. I BARELY TOOK ANYTHING WITH ME. I LEFT WITH CLEAN PAJAMAS ON. NOTHING ELSE.

6. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

I do not care! Maggots in the kitchen and now bed bugs. Nope Nope Nope

7. a2z

a2z Maven

Aug 21, 2018

Odd, but lucky you.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2018

The kitchen pests were partially a result of your housekeeping.

Aces and a2z like this.
  9. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

No ramifications. They will throw it out

10. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

NOPE! Pots were soaking with bleach and water. At first, I thought that maybe it was me but I am starting to think that this was not my issue. As much as I left pots soaking for 3 days I never returned with flies and maggots around them. Even if I left dishes in the sink for a day or 2 maggots never took over them. Never had that issue in my life. That place wasn't cleaned well

11. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

It's a college and military city so many of the landlords offer breathing room on leases

12. Aces

Aces Cohort

Aug 21, 2018

...you are aware of the definition of the phrase "running away from problems," correct? I'm just making sure because I never like to assume things about how much other people know and realize. That being said, you realize you've contradicted yourself, right? You're not running away from your problems, yet you're leaving...

And have you actually read anything I've posted? Or others, for that matter? It's been pointed out multiple times that bed bugs have nothing to do with the cleanliness of one's living conditions. To continue to assume otherwise, and to continuously judge your neighbors based on that false information – because I'm sure you've not actually bothered to get to know them – is incredibly ignorant and immature of you. It also has nothing to do with how you were raised. It just simply doesn't.

Regardless of of you leave or not, grow up and act your age – which means forgoing your outright ignorance.

13. Aces

Aces Cohort

Aug 21, 2018

Horse manure. Stop blaming others and take the blame for what you did. The maggots were your fault.

14. vickilyn

vickilyn Guru

Aug 21, 2018

My apologies, and consider my face red. I won't make that mistake again, and it certainly does nothing to change the excellent information that you gave to OP.

Aces likes this.
  15. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

I honestly do not care HOW YOU feel. You do not have to live WITH IT. Leaving a problem THAT IS NOT MY ISSUE. Is something I WILL NOT DEAL WITH. KNOW the DIFFERENCE. I am not sure where it came from but it certainly wasn't me as I have not went anywhere since I moved in. Maybe the infestation traveled to my unit. Who knows! But I am not living there.

16. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

REALLY!? No it wasn't

17. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

I WILL meet with the exterminator and go from there but I WILL NOT dwell in that place! You all are nasty if you want to DWELL somewhere infested with bed bugs. They are hard to get rid OF

18. TeacherCuriousExplore

Aug 21, 2018

Then MAGGOTS! No. I have never been that trashy!

19. Aces

Aces Cohort

Aug 21, 2018

I told you, don't worry about it! It's perfectly fine!

20. Aces

Aces Cohort

Aug 21, 2018

Could you please actually address the points I've raised rather than going off on a tangent about unrelated things?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.