Secret Pal Check-in!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by StickyNotes, Aug 5, 2007.

1. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Dec 20, 2007

If I didn't believe you I wouldn't have checked the posts. Like I said, I was trying to get a time frame of when the packages were sent.

I know this was kind of confusing to both of us. I'd like to apologize for the way my posts came across to you.:sorry:

2. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Dec 21, 2007

Missy...I am going to attempt to go to the post office to send your package today. lol It will probably be pretty busy but I want to get it to you as close to Christmas as possible. Merry Christmas!!

3. Amers

Amers Cohort

Dec 21, 2007

sdj284,
    I got my package today! Thank you so much! Everything in it was great. What a nice end to a hectic day. I especially love the comfy socks! My feet are always so cold; those will be great! I appreciate everything you've sent me these last few months! You were a great SP! I hope you and your family have a great Christmas!

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 22, 2007

Merry Christmas to you, too, teachingmomof4! Thanks for thinking of me at this hectic time of year.

5. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Dec 22, 2007

It actually was not busy at all at the post office. :blush: I only had to wait behind 2 people and one of them was only getting stamps. Anyway, it's on it's way, Missy. It will arrive after Christmas but not too much later. Let me know when it gets there. Have a great holiday to you and to everyone! :party:

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 22, 2007

Hey, I love stretching Christmas out!!

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 22, 2007

Amers, I got my package today. Thank you SO much!! I am listening to the cd as I type this. It's a great one! I love the purple snowflakes, too!! Thank you again for everything that you have sent, I have really enjoyed it.:hugs:

8. Amers

Amers Cohort

Dec 23, 2007

You're welcome! I'm glad you got it before Christmas! I was a little nervous about it!

9. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 23, 2007

I wish all the secret pals a very Merry Christmas.

10. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Dec 23, 2007

Happy Holidays to all!
    If you are interested in participating in the Round 2 Secret Pals in the Spring, I will be sending out Elfster.com invites in January. But to do so, I need email addresses. So PM me your email addy if you are interested (and contributed this past round!)

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 26, 2007

Christy--I got your last package on the 24th. The candle fits in beautifully with some candy cane striped ones I have in my family room; the treats have been a extra "treat" at this time of year. My husband got a kick out of the "Road Kill Seasoning" (I tucked it into his stocking) as well as the "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning you sent earlier.

Thanks so much, again, for being such a great Secret Pal!

12. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 26, 2007

You are most definitely welcome! I got my dad and uncle some of the road kill seasoning, too. They love it! One of the best parts of Christmas (candy at least!) is those cream drops. They make a great fudge, too!

13. teachertime

teachertime Companion

Dec 26, 2007

Bandnerdtx, I received your last package on the 24th, and it was a nice treat just before Christmas. I loved the brain challenge book--it has some really great subject matter and I think it will be a good way of reviewing material instead of formally testing the students.
    I also want to thank you for the notes forms--again something I could really use.

I'm sorry I didn't respond until now. I've been very busy (as you were probably too) and then I got a bit of a stomach flu late yesterday and most of today. Thank goodness, it was basically a 24 hour bug and didn't linger too long.

Thanks for being such a great secret pal to me. It means a whole lot.

teachertime

14. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Dec 26, 2007

Teachertime, I'm glad you got that last package. I was worried... the mail box place had their, um... "b" team, I guess you could say, working that day. It was an interesting experience. Picture Ned Flanders meets Larry the Cable Guy. Oy. LOL!

I'm glad you liked everything. You were fun to purchase for! Made me wish I taught the little ones -- well, just for a few moments anyway. :D

15. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jan 1, 2008

DizzyKates- you have been a wonderful, thoughtful pal... and I just received my starbucks card..... you are great... Thank you sooooo much!

16. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jan 1, 2008

sdj, you should be getting one FINAL package in the next few days; I sent it out on Monday. I finally found what i was looking for (or, perhaps, Alice finally gave it back! ;))

17. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jan 1, 2008

Klily - I opened the wedding gift you sent and then we played it with my brother and his girlfriend. It was great, many laughs!! Thank you so much!

Dizzy

18. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jan 4, 2008

ABALL! I did it I did it I did it! I finallly mailed the package! It has the contents of what would have been the October package, the November package, the December package and something for the new year.

The terrible situation at my work is mostly at fault for you not getting the packages. I was picking up nice things for you all the time, but remembering to mail them was just to much to handle.

Oh my daughter wrapped every single one, and well she likes tape REALLY LIKES it, have fun! :D

19. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jan 4, 2008

Teachingmomof4,

I loved my package! You sent so many thoughtful things; I love the candles and I used the holiday serving trays for the loads of company we have had this week. Thanks also for the book - it is on my nightstand waiting until I finish what I am reading now.

Thank you!!

20. sdj284

sdj284 Rookie

Jan 5, 2008

clarnet73
    I got your box and just loved the turtle. It will look cool in my lr and I have wanted that lotion for a while. Hope you had some time off that went well and this week was swell!
    Thank you!