Second interview...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CDOR79, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jul 11, 2018

So I got called for a second interview, thank God! This will be my “first” second interview. I was told it’d be with the principal (whom I already met in round one) and admins from the central office.

I’m just wondering if anyone can share any information on what I should expect. Is it more of the same like round one was, or is it different? Will there be mostly different questions?

Thanks!

3. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Jul 11, 2018

I'm actually wondering about something else...

Do you think this will JUST be an interview? When we finished up the first interview and I asked about the next step in this process, the VP had said something along the lines of them doing a second interview or demo lesson. I was anticipating a demo lesson, but the confirmation doesn't say anything about it. All it says on the site that I signed up for with my time is:

This invite is for a second round interview for the open positions. The interview will take place at our personnel office with the principal and a few central office administrators."

Am I correct to think I will NOT be expected to do a demo lesson? I'm freaking out a bit..lol. Please help!

4. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jul 11, 2018

I would not expect to do a demo lesson based on what they sent you. It sounds like another panel interview. The difference is probably who makes up the panel, as well as what questions they ask. You may have some questions similar to your first round, but they will probably ask you others, as well. Since it is central office staff, be prepared by knowing about district initiatives that are unique to their district, and be ready to talk about how those initiatives relate to your interests or experiences.