Second Interview

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Jessica Barlock, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Jessica Barlock

Jessica Barlock Rookie

Jun 6, 2018

So, I interviewed on Monday for a third grade position and got a call that evening that I have a second interview! It is going to be with principals and teachers. Half of the time is questions and the other half I run through and describe a lesson I create. What can I expect in a second interview? I've never had a second round interview before. What type of questions? What should I expect? Please no debates on handshakes, etc. I just want some sample questions, expectations, or advice for this interview. Thank you!

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Jun 6, 2018

Often second interviews include giving specific examples of how your perform teaching expectations, as well as scenario questions (For example: If a child refused to do his work and threatened to throw his chair at you, what specifically would you do? or How do you deal with a difficult colleague, etc.)

4. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jun 6, 2018

What was the first round interview like? We don't do multiple rounds around here, so I can't say how different rounds vary from experience. However, if you share what you already experienced in the first round, we may be able to let you know what types of questions were left out.

5. Jessica Barlock

Jessica Barlock Rookie

Jun 6, 2018

First interview was with the curriculum director and principal. Second round will be with those two, plus another principal and 6 teachers. First round were questions about technology, about differentiation, they asked about if I give retakes or believe that giving zeroes teaches responsibility. They also asked about classroom management, and what I like to do for fun.