Seating chart integrated with classroom management

Discussion in 'Behavior Management Archives' started by dhom, Jan 11, 2006.

1. dhom

dhom Rookie

Jan 11, 2006

Someone on these forums pointed me to an interesting site the other day:

http://www.classroomcontrol.com/

They've got a seating chart program that allows teachers to create instant discipline reports. It seems to be in an early production stage right now, and they've told me they could use some feedback on how that can continue to develop the program. If anyone else can help, I'm sure they'd be quite appreciative. Have fun with it!

3. Sue101

Sue101 New Member

Jan 11, 2006

Seating Chart Program

I downloaded the program and found it quite interesting. The discipline documents translate into Spanish for parents that do not speak English. This was useful for me here in South Florida.

4. chalkboardman

chalkboardman Rookie

Jan 21, 2006

Classroom Management

As with any classroom management plan, it is up to the teacher to "follow-through." For example, a student is misbehaving and is given a verbal warning. The student continues to disrupt the class and the teacher persists with the verbal warnings. The student soon realizes the teacher is "soft" and the bad behavior persists. Classroom management is only effective with follow-through. I did notice that the program is a seating chart-based behavior program which curbs classroom disturbances by issuing progressive consequences and that is really excellent. Good classroom management mandates a simple formula I want to share with everyone. I once taught at one of the toughest schools in the county and the school actually had four assigned full-time police officers. One day at lunch I could not help but ask the officer why some teachers were so effective and others were not. He mumbled, "Bad behavior....consequences......bad behavior consequences....." It took me a while to understand this but over time I realize he was right.

5. brendateaches

brendateaches New Member

Feb 3, 2006

I noticed that if you right click on the student picture you can drag the student into another seating position. It will bring all the files to the new position. I take some bad behaved kids and put them in the back. I like to isolate them.

6. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Feb 3, 2006

also if you go to scholastic.com, there is a program on there that allows you to pick the size and shape of your room, place windows, doors, and desks. plus all the other furniture in your room like kidney bean tables and book cases!