Hello, Looking for some advice. I'm a first-year teacher who was non-renewed but have a good relationship with my principal and the administration. They ultimately decided I was a poor fit for urban kids (which I was). During my student teaching, I taught in a rural/suburban area where I thrived. I had a candid conversation with the administrators who made the non-renewal decision, and both admired my honesty and willingness to take feedback (both offered letters of recommendation -- the VP always tries to check in with me as often as possible about my job search). They specifically told me to NOT answer "Yes" on the question on if I was ever "failed to be rehired" question because I was advised, and then chose, to resign. I have applied to at least fifteen positions but have only had one interview. I am an excellent interviewer according to my CT and previous employers, but I was told they were "going in a different direction" and I did not move on to the next step my the interview process. My problem is, it's already mid-April. I have about six pending jobs out there that I'm waiting to get an interview from, and will continue to apply for more. Most are rural/suburban, but a few are urban because I need to find a job for next year. ~I have bee told that most of the suburban school districts in my area are very "picky" when it comes to hiring. I have a relative who works at one in food service and has heard that subs or part-time teachers are kept as such with little to no opportunity to advance. ~In the event that I am unable to find a teaching job, should I look in a different field for work (although there is a small chance I could work for a creator of educational materials), or "suck it up" and become a substitute in a suburban/rural district for significantly less pay? I think I have a strong future in this career based off of my student teaching and previous experiences, but was in a bad spot (and there were multiple other factors involved but because the hiring situation was so unique I prefer to keep those confidential) and in a school that wasn't suited to my strengths. Any suggestions how to proceed to get into a "tough to get into" school, or even just a suburban school, would be appreciated. A teacher I had in high school (I'm certified in 4-9) said he'd offer to "help me out" to get into a particularly selective district about a year ago... should I get back in contact with him? I have had one interview so far after applying to fifteen or so jobs, with six more that I applied to this past week. Should I be worried? When should I really start freaking out about there being little chance of me being hired by a school before the start of the year? Many thanks in advance!