Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by teach10, Sep 4, 2008.
Sep 4, 2008
What are the rules in your classroom? Can you list them for me so I have an idea. Thanks!
Follow directions the first time given
Keep hands feet and objects to yourself
Be an active listener
Be a quiet mover
1. Be respectful
2. Be kind to yourself and others
3. Always try your best
4. Never leave school guilty or angry
5. Keep your dear teacher happy (I 'stole' this one from the Power Teaching rules... it is a great catchall for those kids that want to find the loopholes or argue with you)
1. Respect all others' space, feelings, and property.
2. Follow directions the first time given.
3. Maintain safe behaviors.
4. Speak appropriately to adults and peers.
5. Participate in your learning by doing your best at all times.
1. Follow directions the first time they are given.
2. Respect yourself, others, and property.
3. Be prepared to learn at all times.
4. Raise your hand to speak or get out of your seat.
5. Sit, walk, and talk properly.
I find these rules can pretty much cover everything!
Sep 7, 2008
I have the kids brainstorm some ideas and then we use their language to make the rules - here they are for this year:
1 - Be respectful to each other and the teacher
2 - Be responsible by taking care of yourself and the classroom
3 - Be safe by keeping your hands and feet to yourself
4 - Listen the first time when someone asks you to do something
keep your hands and feet to yourself
listen to whomever is talking ( this is so that they listen to each other, not just to me)
use kind words
share, care and be fair.
simple and straightforward
Separate names with a comma.