Room 13 Class Photos

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TeacherShelly, Aug 9, 2008.

1. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Aug 9, 2008

OK, now I'm really getting nerv-cited. I mean, excite-rvous. Well, I am beside myself about the fact that school starts in two weeks. And I have training all of next week, plus Thursday this week. It's actually going to HAPPEN. Hahahaha!

So I posted photos of what I've done in my classroom. All comments eagerly awaited. :) :) :D :thanks:

3. gab

gab Comrade

Aug 9, 2008

I love your energy and your room...I love, love, love the fabric. A question though, not trying to marsh your mellow, but are there fire safety codes regarding the fabric or the tree? I hope not because it's so cool but I know I am no longer able to make my room a rainforest, not even a corner due to safety codes.

4. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 9, 2008

WOW! Love it!! I love the tree, the fabric hanging over the ceiling, the owl fabric, the seat for library browsing, the couch, the lighting! Great job!! It is open and airy, yet cozy and comfortable. How exciting!

5. AngelM

AngelM Rookie

Aug 9, 2008

Your room looks great! I am envious of all of the bright light and the open space.:D

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 9, 2008

I love the architecture of your room. It must be fun to be able to work with that space! I love how the windows are high so you can still use the wall space- you have the best of both worlds!
    I also love what you've done with it. It looks very homey- like a loft.

7. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Aug 9, 2008

I love it! Your hard work certainly paid off. Your room's space is so unique, and that tree is AMAZING! I also love the draped fabric!

8. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Aug 9, 2008

It is gorgeous, beautiful....exquisite you did a great job! I hope your class this year is everything you hope it to be!

9. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Aug 9, 2008

I love the light and the space! I think it's going to be very calming for your students.

Oh, and your "lost tooth" chart is so cute and the kids will LOVE that! :)

10. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 9, 2008

Try starting school on Monday! Ahhhhhhhh!

Your room is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

11. mdith4him

mdith4him Companion

Aug 9, 2008

You have a SOFA in your room. I am so jealous of all that lovely space you have! It looks wonderful...can I come to some of your classes?? haha :)

12. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 9, 2008

I love your room! You made me want to go out and get more fabric for the back of my bookcases!! The idea to hang fabric from the ceiling is awesome...it really does make the room look like a loft! I would have loved be a kid in room 13!!

13. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 9, 2008

I love the layout! The windows are awesome! Your fabric looks great and at first glance I thought the tree was real! :) Best of luck to a wonderful year!:)

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 9, 2008

Your room looks HUGE!!! I love it!

15. Chas

Chas Rookie

Aug 9, 2008

I had a rather picky administrator in my first teaching job, and that administrator would immediately start yelling at you (and write it all over your evaluations) that some students are sitting with their back to the whiteboard.

Mind you, i think your room looks great! Very unique layout! Just make sure those kids with their backs to the board stay focused.

I don't get my own room this year, and won't be back in the building until September 2nd (school starts Sept 8th), but i hope i can have some contribution to the room(s) in which i will be teaching (at the very least, i'd like to try to put up my students' posters from their first co-op assignment in October!).

16. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Aug 9, 2008

Wow! That feels so good to read all of your comments :) What a feeling, thanks!

About the fire hazard, I spoke to the P and to the custodian and both said they don't know of any problems. Another teacher has dragons hanging from her ceiling and she's been there for a dozen years. We shall see! I don't want to endanger any of my kids!

Chas, I rarely use the whiteboard (except to hang things on), and the prior teacher had the desks arranged the same way. We have instruction time at the carpet, then they go to their desks to work. Or they choose centers, or sit anywhere in the room and do work. I'm sorry to hear an administrator would be so noisily aggravating. Sheesh!

So thanks everyone! I am so psyched for the school year to start!

17. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Aug 9, 2008

Oh my gosh! Your room is fabulous! The windows! The open space! The architecture! My room is nothing like that. Compared to your room, this is what mine looks like:
    [​IMG]

Just kidding! But my room doesn't have any windows at all so sometimes it feels like a dungeon!

18. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Aug 9, 2008

I love the five finger rule poster-sounds dumb but I have not seen one :)

19. frogger

frogger Devotee

Aug 9, 2008

love it! it looks so calm and comfortable and a wonderful place to go to school and learn!

20. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Aug 9, 2008

Man, I just laughed til no sound came out. You cracked me up!!!! I needed that, too!

21. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Aug 9, 2008

Really, here you can have it!
    :)