Recommendation Letter for Teacher of the Year

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by mom2samnalex2u, Jan 7, 2007.

1. mom2samnalex2u

mom2samnalex2u New Member

Jan 7, 2007

Hello,

I have been asked to write a letter of recommendation for my daughter's 1st grade teacher for a Teacher of the Year Award. Can anyone help me out with a sample letter they may have? I have the major points to address down, and I have a basic template, but seeing one or two already put together from a parent would be helpful, as I would really like it to be top notch!

Thank you in advance for your help.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 7, 2007

The following is a changed-around version of a letter I wrote for my student teacher:
    I am honored to recommend ______ as _______ School Teacher of the Year. I had the opportunity to get to know _____ when my child was in her/his class. I always found _____to be a kind, creative and sincere educator.
    I was impressed by ____’s openness and approachability. She/He maintained a positive relationship with parents and fostered a strong school-to-home connection through (weekly newsletters, webpage, etc...) I always found him/her helpful and supportive of his/her students. His/her rapport with children is natural and instinctive. My child blossomed as a learner while in ____'s class. My son/daughter will always remember (blah blah any special innovative activities).
    You could mention any times you were in class as a volunteer, that you always came away impressed by the climate of the classroom...the community feeling in the room, facilitating a love of learning, etc etc....

4. Sanne

Sanne Rookie

Jan 8, 2007

Not to be horrible, but isn't it really your personal opinion that matters?

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 8, 2007

Doesn't look lilke original post-er has been back since first writing. I agree the letter she writes shuld be personalized. That's why I put the blah blah in the parentheses- She needs to write from her experience.