Real-Time Data in Math Instruction

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by JimG, Dec 16, 2017.

1. mrsf70

mrsf70 Companion

Dec 30, 2017

No, it doesn't. I used it for free for a year. I then went Pro to help organize my classes, etc. Rockstar Math Teacher has great resources on her page for Showbie, Socrative, Desmos, and others.
    http://rockstarmathteacher.blogspot.com/

2. JimG

JimG Comrade

Dec 30, 2017

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the discussion. I think I am going to experiment using both Google Forms imbedded in Canvas and quizzes created within Canvas to use as formative assessments. I think both of these options will accomplish what I initially inquired about, and they make the most since because we are a Google school, and all teachers will be expected to utililize Canvas next year. It will just take some experimentation in the actual classroom to figure out what works best for my needs.

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Dec 30, 2017

Just out of curiosity, why are they using Canvas if they are a Google school?

4. JimG

JimG Comrade

Dec 30, 2017

I don’t know for sure the reasons that admin has made this decision but from what I have gathered:
    -Canvas is able to link directly to SIS; Google Classroom cannot.
    -Canvas is more user-friendly than Classroom. Subjective, I know. But as an example, Classroom keeps all posts in Chronological order whereas Canvas allows for organization by modules.
    -Canvas is Google-compatable.
    -Many area colleges have transitioned or are transitioning to Canvas, moving away from comparable resources like Blackboard or Google Classroom.

AlwaysAttend likes this.