Reading for Virginia Educators: Elementary and Special Education (5306)

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by ExceptionalEdTeacher, Nov 4, 2017.

1. ExceptionalEdTeacher

ExceptionalEdTeacher New Member

Nov 4, 2017

I am in search of good website that will assist me in passing the RVE. I have looked at some of the practice questions and boy do I feel dumb. Please advise on any good study companions or website that will help me ace the test.

3. George Bailey

George Bailey New Member

Jan 21, 2018

Hey,
    I just took the RVE, and I can tell you that the questions were NOTHING like any sample tests I found online. No mention of onset, rime, phonemes, semantic, syntax, morphology. No mention of the various strategies used to teach reading, or comprehension, or vocabulary. TONS on syllabification, asking what they most modern research indicates, and trick questions that my college prep classes didn't prepare me for. On top of that, I need to wait 15 days for my results. Oh, lots of questions about Phonemic awareness.

4. Hokiegrad1993

Hokiegrad1993 Companion

Jan 21, 2018

I hate to disagree. I guess all questions are different. In reference to the above question, when I took the RVE I did get questions of onset rime phonemes etc... There were questions about phonemic awareness and syllabification.
    However, regarding studying did you take the PRAXIS multiple subject reading portion? It is very similar. So you can use the same materials.

5. Krebbs

Krebbs New Member

Jul 10, 2018

Any luck on good study resources? Thanks