Reading A-Z subscription?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Mrs_B, May 7, 2007.

1. Mrs_B

Mrs_B Comrade

May 7, 2007

How much does Reading A-Z or Reading-Tutor cost to subscribe to?

3. sllecompte

sllecompte Rookie

May 8, 2007

Reading A-Z is $80 a year for a single subscription. The tutoring program runs $60 for a single subscription. I use the Reading A-Z materials in my classroom. I think that the tutoring program is nothing more than packets of materials from the Reading A-Z site. You can go online and view a tutorial.

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 8, 2007

My school bought a membership and a few of us share the account. I'm not sure of the cost. I love it. I used it all the time, especially for the nonfiction books. The kids love it too, because I let them keep their books as a home library. I'm currently a ST, and I plan to buy myself a membership when I get my first job. It does use a lot of paper, but some of the books have a special "pocket" printing option that uses half the paper. Each book comes with a lesson and some activities. There are also assessment books on the site but I have not used any.

5. sllecompte

sllecompte Rookie

May 8, 2007

I've used the assessment in first grade and have found them very helpful. Many of them use the same format as DIBELS, so it gives me materials to practice with my students. I really like the nonfiction books, also. They are great for vocabulary building and many of them coincide with the curriculum that I teach.

6. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

May 10, 2007

sharing the cost?

Does anyone have a private account that they share with others? Like perhaps, 2 or 3 teachers getting together and splitting the cost? I know you're not supposed to do this, but I'm just wondering if it happens?

7. Mrs_B

Mrs_B Comrade

May 10, 2007

Do you only get access to a single grade level or the whole site? I will be teaching remedial reading to K-5.

8. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 10, 2007

corps 2005 - there is an entire thread discussing this topic. I forget the title of the thread . Maybe someone else remembers? All about copyright law etc. I'm sure it is probably done, but many on here felt strongly that it is unethical, and that as teachers, we need to hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.

9. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

May 10, 2007

Ahh found the other discussion thread the discussed it :) Thank you for pointing it out to me. I should have done a search first before posting :p

I'm wondering which one is MORE useful for 2nd grade. Reading A to Z or Raz Kids?