Question About Your Work & Your SO

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 9, 2014

Just out of curiosity, when you have work that you've brought home to do over the weekend, what does your SO/spouse do? Does he/she tend to stay home most of the time w/ you OR go out & do their own thing mostly OR is it kind of 1/2 & 1/2 (btwn them staying home & going out)?

I've had my share of grad school homework throughout the years & that's prevented numerous weekends of my SO & I going out & doing fun things. However, he's totally understanding & 99% of the time, when I have to stay home, he does too. He says he likes to. :wub:

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 9, 2014

I don't bring work home.

When I have taken grad courses, he has mostly just chilled at home while I'm doing my homework. We are people who like to be at home anyway, so that isn't really anything out of the norm.

4. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 9, 2014

If I do the work on the weekend, it's usually on Sundays. During football season he might go watch the game somewhere. Other than that though he just does his own work for work or works around the house usually.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 9, 2014

My husband has his own business in addition to working full time at another job so if I'm doing my own stuff he always has something to do. If it's not his business stuff then he'll do yardwork or house repairs. Unless we have some big outing or vacation planned he never complains about time I need for my things.

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 9, 2014

My husband always told me in August that he would see me next May. :lol::lol::lol:

7. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Aug 9, 2014

That is so true!

My husband is a police officer and works graveyard shift, so we don't see each other much during the week. On weekends, he'll work in the yard or play with our son while I'm doing school stuff. :)

8. Loveslabs

Loveslabs Companion

Aug 9, 2014

I have the best husband in the world. If I have to stay late he is supportive and deals with the kids, dinner, and the house. If I have work I have to bring home I usually get up early on Sunday and deal with it. If not, I deal with it while he prepares dinner or does paperwork for his business. My husband totally gets that there are times we each need to step up to the plate and do more than normal so the other one can deal with work.

9. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 9, 2014

On the rare occasion I bring work home, my husband is busy with the kids. I try to do everything at school, even if it means staying late, so when I'm at home I can focus on my family.

10. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Aug 9, 2014

She usually does her own thing on Sundays with our daughter, and I watch football and work. I don't bring anything home during the week, period.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 9, 2014

My husband is very supportive of all I do. A couple need not be together all the time to have a strong relationship..:2cents:

12. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Aug 9, 2014

He works way more than I do. I rarely bring work home but when I do and if I'm busy he just does his own thing, goes barhopping with friends, catches a show.

Mostly it's a combo. Sometimes he sticks around, sometimes he goes off and does his own thing.

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 9, 2014

My EX never went out alone. He just puttered around the house. Watched television. He complained about the time I spent on school stuff.

Funny thing is that a couple of years ago I stopped bringing work home. That's when I divorced. :lol: Well, I divorced first, then I stopped bringing home work.

I did grade papers tonight, but only because last week I didn't have planning due to all the first of the year stuff to do. Then I had morning duty and appointments after work a couple of days.

BF and I met in May, not long before school was out. We don't live together either, but he works 2-10 weekdays and 2-12 weekends. He wouldn't be home anyway.

14. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Aug 9, 2014

He doesn't have the type of job that requires him to bring home his work.

He is VERY understanding about my job, though. In fact, on his days off this week, he came to school and helped me sort and deliver consumable workbooks to every classroom.

Overall, I try to leave work at work. As soon as I get home, I change clothes and start prepping dinner. Then, a bit of relaxing on the couch before I hop in the shower and go to bed.

If he happens to have the weekend off, we usually do something fun together.

15. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 9, 2014

My husband is a coach so I work less than he does. :dizzy:

16. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 9, 2014

My hubby is the one who has to bring home work, not me. I wouldn't leave him alone just because he is working, unless he asked me to...which he wouldn't. I often help him spell and grammar check his stuff, because that is not his forte.

17. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Aug 10, 2014

I can't think of a certain pattern that happens with us. We do what we need to do or what we want to do.

18. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 10, 2014

My husband is also a teacher at the same school where I teach. That makes it easy. We do not do everything together. We each have our own interests and friends, and we have many interests and friends in common, as well. If I'm working on something for work or grad school, he is usually either playing a game on his computer or reading a book.