Provisional Contract.....

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by alp123, Jul 9, 2018.

1. alp123

alp123 Companion

Jul 9, 2018

Hi All,

I Interviewed and signed a provisional contract on June 5th. It basically states that I will report for work after my references, finger prints, etc. clear. I have signed all the paperwork they have given me thus far. I even visited my school, classroom, etc. was given an email address.... I was finger printed 2 weeks ago and the districts say they have not received them yet? Seems like a long time. They county office say they sent them to the DOJ. I can't sign a formal contract until these go through. I'm not worried about clearance, it just seems to be taking a REALLY long time. I'm starting get a little antsy. I know things slow down in the summer, but I need to feel like I have an "official" contract. I've heard too many stories about districts "going in a different direction" after a job offer. I'm not sure what else I can do without nagging them. I don't recall other districts taking this long. Does this sound normal? I'm supposed to start at the end of the month. Help!!

3. Been There

Been There Habitué

Jul 9, 2018

After confirming that the HR dept. at the district office still hasn't received your fingerprint clearance, check again with the county office and ask them (someone with authority) what they can do to help. Unless you have a dark past that may interfere with your job offer, it's probably just some unexplainable bureaucratic glitch that's causing the delay.

4. alp123

alp123 Companion

Jul 9, 2018

Haha...no dark past here. I think I'm going to email the principal to let her know. Usually, when I email her they get back tome right away. Thanks!