Pronoun Activities

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by NekimRox, Feb 22, 2006.

1. NekimRox

NekimRox New Member

Feb 22, 2006

I was wondering if anybody had some good ideas for pronoun activities at the second-grade level. The first activity I have planned for after I introduce pronouns is to write sentences on the board with regular nouns and have the students put pronoun magnets over the noun to replace it. For example: "Jake is going to the pool" (the student would put the "he" magnet over "Jake").

Aside from an activity like that, I have no other ideas. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

"Take it easy...but take it!" -Woody Guthrie

3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 23, 2006

Read "I and You and Don't Forget Who: What is a Pronoun" by Brian P. Cleary, or "Grammar Tales: The Planet Without Pronouns" by Justin M. Martin. Both are wonderfully funny books about pronouns. We created a chart stating the definition of a pronoun at the top, and then listing all the pronouns we could find in the book. I've done this with several other books in the series and the kids really remember them. They can visualize the poster after I've taken it down (I leave it up for a while), and then place it with the book. Wonderful scores on L/A tests!

4. outnumbered

outnumbered Rookie

Feb 23, 2006

i actually just got done teaching pronouns and here is an activity that Upsadaisy gave me. It really worked out well for my second graders.