Professional way to handle missed training

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Backroads, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Backroads

Backroads Fanatic

Dec 6, 2018

Today myself and other new teachers were made aware of an upcoming training for new district teachers that takes place... tonight. I'm probably not going to go.

The biggest reason is I am faint, gross, miserable, and probably made a big mistake coming to school today, but I also am a little annoyed at the timing: off-contract, less than a day's notice (apparently something was sent out before but no one recalls seeing it), with no opportunity for me to find childcare for that time.

Part of me feels bad missing it, but with me being sick and the lack of childcare means I probably won't make it.

Suggestions on a professional-sounding script to handle this?

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 6, 2018

I came to work not feeling very well today, and have gotten worse. I regret I will be unable to attend training tonight.

4. Backroads

Backroads Fanatic

Dec 7, 2018

While I thank you for the script, I wound up going for the first little bit after popping more cold medicine.

I left early because of frustration.

It didn't apply to me. At least, not to the point I think the state board cares. It was about a process for provisional licensed teachers, and the way things were explained technology may prevent me from doing what is expected. Because I don't have a provisional license.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2018

How annoying. Seems like lack of communication on the part of those promoting this event.

futuremathsprof likes this.