Professional subscriptions?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by DrivingPigeon, Aug 10, 2013.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 10, 2013

Do you subscribe to any teacher-related websites and/or magazines? If so, which ones are worth the money?

My school purchases subscriptions to: NCTM, Time for Kids, CommonCore.org/maps, and Reading A to Z.

Last year, I subscribed to thedailycafe.com, but I didn't really use it. I'm not sure if I want to renew this year.

My district also subscribes to many other websites, such as BrainPop Jr., Discovery Ed., Schoology, etc. I'm looking more for professional development websites and magazines that are worthwhile.

Thanks!

3. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 10, 2013

I would LOVE to have a subscription to BrainPop, Jr., and Reading AtoZ! My district does have a subscription to Discovery Ed, and I love it. I have paid for memberships to Edhelper in the past, but let that lapse, along with my Scholastic Printables subscription. I have enjoyed my subscription to TeacherFileBox, but I'll probably not renew because I am finding more things that are on point on TPT and Pinterest (sorry Evan Moore!).

4. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 10, 2013

Thanks for the reply!

I think I may just be content with what I have for now...I'm not really finding anything new that is too exciting.

5. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 12, 2013

Our PTO pays for BrainPopJr! and our school pays for ReadingAtoZ.
    I also have a subscription to Scholastic News, which includes the digital resources. I've also had subscriptions to Enchanted Learning, which I gave up after a year.

6. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 12, 2013

Oh! I thought of some more. I bought a Thistle Girl Designs subscription, then a few years later our PTO paid for every teacher to have one. I also have a LibraryThing subscription. If you get the lifetime memberships on both, the price isn't too bad.
    SMARTexchange is free to sign-up for. I use that for lots of ideas.

7. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 12, 2013

I've noticed that Smart exchange has some newer downloads that look really awesome, but you have to pay for them. :(

8. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 12, 2013

Last year the only subscription I was paying for was BrainPop. With now having to do LA, I'm thinking of going back to theteacherfilebox since its one of the few sources that provides some dual language materials. I'm also thinking of doing the Mailbox. Love many of the ideas they provide.

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 13, 2013

What's a good subscription for math?

10. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Aug 13, 2013

Our school pays for BrainPop/BrainPopJr (LOVE) and ESGI, which is a site for PreK-1st grade teachers that makes our assessments very easy. I paid for a Reading A to Z subscription out of pocket. Totally worth it! I'm toying with the idea of subscribing to the sisters' site, because I think I would like to see the videos...