Professional Learning/Development

Discussion in 'General Education' started by PeasantTeacher, Nov 29, 2017.

1. PeasantTeacher

PeasantTeacher New Member

Nov 29, 2017

Greetings everyone! First time poster. I'm currently a student, with no teaching experience, taking an education course. One of my assignments is to develop a potential professional development for all teachers in a school setting. But because I have not nor am I currently a teacher, I don't have any ideas on what type of PDs I could develop and present on. The presentation is only 15-20 minutes, really short so it's not an actual PD, but I have no idea on what to present on.

So my question is, what PDs have you found interesting as a teacher that benefited you and/or your colleagues. Or which PDs do you wish could have been presented to you I understand PDs are more effective when it comes from an experienced educator, but this is more or less an idea being presented that could potentially become an actual PD (if that makes any sense).

Thanks everyone!

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2017

Google classroom, accountabilty talks, higher level questioning, etc.

4. AmyMyNamey

AmyMyNamey Comrade

Dec 2, 2017

Anything you can present on abnormal psychology, antisocial personality disorders, or the intersection of poverty and psychology would be fantastic. These are the areas most teaching programs ignore or gloss over, but end up being perhaps the most demanding and challenging part of the profession.

There's always tech stuff. Most of us have little to no knowledge with which to effectively support our teaching with technology. Beyond tablets and cute little discipline programs, audio/visual technology has the ability to revolutionize instruction, but is rarely even looked at.

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Dec 2, 2017

PBL, Inquiry based learning, RTI

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 3, 2017

Mindset
    Mindfulness