Private Kindergarten Pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TeacherCuriousExplore, Feb 14, 2018.

1. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Cohort

Feb 14, 2018

Hello all. I am really considering becoming a private kindergarten teacher with my mom. The only reason I chose to look more into this despite how my parents are towards me is because I was given the choice to create it myself and control the funding and the pay.
    I also have a 2nd interview scheduled with a migrant preschool and I am confused about which job that I should invest in?
    The migrant preschool goes from April-decmeber. I will be off January-march.
    The private kindergarten will be operated by me with the help of parents. I need to know what will be best.

I also feel as if I need more experience with working under other people than family

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 14, 2018

[​IMG]

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2018

Looking at Florida regulations, I would hate to think that my child could be sent to a school with no accreditation, which is not required to have licensed teachers. Sounds like a shoddy way to take money from people who don't really understand how the system works, but that's just my opinion. Ask yourself this one thing, and give an hoest answer - is this about raking in money without needing any more education or experience? Kindergarten is not supposed to be day care.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    agdamity, a2z and futuremathsprof like this.
  5. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Devotee

Feb 14, 2018

Think of your parents as a grizzly bear and RUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! I know it's hard for you to cut the cord, but you must!

futuremathsprof likes this.
  6. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2018

Why do always ask us for our advice, don’t listen when we provide it, and then run back to your parents after “leaving”? It makes absolutely no sense and I feel as if you’re just going in circles. Also, it seems like your mind is already made up, so why ask us for our input?

Your parents have a history of not paying or underpaying you. Why would even consider going back again? Stable employment should be the only thing on your mind right now.

Ridiculous.

7. TeacherCuriousExplore

Feb 14, 2018

No there has to be a certified teacher in the classroom.

8. TeacherCuriousExplore

Feb 14, 2018

Where did you find the guidelines @vickilyn
    And the parents will be getting scholarships

9. a2z

a2z Maven

Feb 14, 2018

What is confusing you?

10. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2018

Like others have said, you jumped out of the frying pan and now you want to jump into the fire.
    Sure, your parents think they are going to get scholarships...and where will they put that money? probably not in your hands.
    I'm a little biased toward private Kindergarten because I work in a private school with an exceptional program.

11. TeacherCuriousExplore

Feb 14, 2018

This is why I am so much on the fence. My mother has a problem with overcrowding her facility and choosing children who have behavioral issues that we are not capable of teaching. Then she either needs workers to stay over beyond their time or have to kick a child out. I told her that we have to reconstruct the entire facility to actually operate it like a school. No more accepting kids with behavior issues that we can not teach, no more acting poorly with money, and no more overworking the teachers.
    The plan is for VPK and Kindergarten to begin at 8:30 and close at 3:00. She usually would run VPK from 8:00-5:00. VPK should be in accordance with the public schools time and schedule. It's a lot that she has to reconstruct. My father use to help her but he has gone back to being an investigator.

12. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Feb 14, 2018

I'd just stay out of it. Don't even entertain the idea of going back to your parents

13. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Feb 15, 2018

http://www.fldoe.org/schools/school-choice/private-schools/opening-a-private-school.stml
    https://www2.ed.gov/admins/comm/choice/regprivschl/regprivschl.pdf See below:

FLORIDA Accreditation/Registration/Licensing/Approval  No requirement for Accreditation.  Registration is mandatory.  All private schools are required to register with the Department of Education. S. 1002.42, F.S.  No requirement for Licensing.  No requirement for Approval. Teacher Certification  Teacher certification is not required for instructional personnel in private schools. However, an owner of a private school may require school employees to file a complete set of fingerprints with the Department of Law Enforcement for processing and criminal records checking. Findings from such processing and checking shall be reported to the owner for use in employment decisions. S. 1002.42(2)(c)3, F.S.

Scholarships only means that your parents are planning on the money coming from public funds, supported by all taxpayers.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    TeacherCuriousExplore likes this.
  14. TeacherCuriousExplore

15. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Feb 17, 2018

Are you certified?