Printable Fluency Passages

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by ThirdGradeLions, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ThirdGradeLions

ThirdGradeLions Rookie

Jan 5, 2009

Hi everyone! I am in the process of putting together some new centers in my classroom. I would like one of them to be a place for the students to read a short story and then fill in a graphic organizer about it, such as sequence of events or a story map. Would anyone happen to know a good website for printing out short stories? Possibly one page stories, that is why I mentioned fluency passages, these tend to be just about the right length. Thank you in advance!

3. kacieann

kacieann Companion

Jan 5, 2009

I use Edhelper to print out my students' fluency reading. There is a small yearly fee, but this is the only place that I have found short comprehension lessons.

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jan 6, 2009

My new favorite site (besides here, of course) is fcrr.org. I think you click on Teachers, which leads you to some fluency pre-made centers.

5. baker27

baker27 New Member

Jan 7, 2009

You can also go to the DIBELs website and register for a free account. That will give you access to all their fluency passages for grades 1 - 6.

DIBELs is also a great, quick way to evaluate your students' reading progress. It comes with instructions, and it is pretty easy to administer.

***All the fluency passages are towards the end of the pdf file, and they are all one page, grade appropriate passages.

6. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jan 7, 2009