Prek Position

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ST13, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ST13

ST13 Companion

Jul 18, 2014

Hi! So I found out today that I will be interviewed next week for a prek position in a great school district close to home!

Im a recent graduate, and in graduate school. I've been subbing for the past two years and have a lot of experience with prek age as a camp counselor but not as much during the year other than helping out here and there.

This is my first real teacher interview other than subbing so I'm feeling excited but nervous.

Do you all have any advice on specific questions they may ask for this age group? I want to be as prepared as possible! Thank you!

3. TchrMelissa

TchrMelissa Rookie

Jul 20, 2014

Congrats and good luck!

I'm trying to rack my brain of questions I asked when I was the supervisor...

You will most likely be given some scenarios that reflect your philosophy on discipline and overall education/curriculum, etc. For example, how would you handle two children fighting over a toy, etc. How would you introduce math, science, etc. to a group of PreK kiddos.

How do you approach building relationships with parents/caregivers.

Be prepared to give a lesson plan sample... you never know!

And there's always the interview "ice breaker" of "tell us about you!"

Why do you want to teach here? What unique gifts/qualities would you bring?

Example of classroom management (back to discipline and overall structure of your class time)

How would you use technology?

Your weaknesses and strengths. Don't be afraid to admit your weaknesses. :)

There are many other possible questions but those seem to be what I remember as being unique "teacher" interview questions. :)

GOOD LUCK!

4. ST13

ST13 Companion

Jul 20, 2014

thanks for the advice!

any advice on what to say if they ask a question you dont know? what is the best way to say that you dont know the answer but are willing to research/get help from others?

For instance a specific common core question, curriculum question etc.

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 22, 2014

If you don't know the answer, tell them that you don't have any experience with that concept. Then relate the question to something you have knowledge of that might relate.