Prayer Needed to Get Through the School Year

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by elateacher4life, Jan 26, 2013.

1. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Jan 26, 2013

Please pray for me that I make it through the school year. I started a new job in November and so far it has been rough. The kids don't respect me or listen to me. Many refuse to work. For the most part, they sit in class and talk for the whole period. I don't know what else to do. I'm just hoping I can make it through to June. I really need this job.

3. AFI221

AFI221 Rookie

Feb 2, 2013

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. I've been in my school for five years, but I'm in a new position this year and am really struggling. I'm praying the same thing. I have no idea what to do about next year. Thinking of you.

4. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Feb 2, 2013

Sending prayers.

also, have you called their parents? I would take a day, go over expectations, give a verbal warning once, and then call parents about the disrespect.

Good luck, teaching can be hard.

5. LifetimeLearner

LifetimeLearner Rookie

Mar 21, 2013

What are your classroom management procedures/guidelines? What rules have you set up in the class? What is your consequence and escalation procedure? I would NOT just let them take advantage of me like that...but then again, I'm not an (official) teacher, yet!