Pray for Ariana...

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by DizneeTeachR, Mar 31, 2016.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 31, 2017

I have not updated because I put links in, but Ariana could really use some prayers. She is currently admitted to a hospital for fever... Not good when you are doing rounds/finished round of chemo. I left link so you can read update. I know her mom would love to know more prayers are coming their way!!! Thank you!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/ArianaFarragut

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Apr 1, 2017

I've been praying daily.

DizneeTeachR likes this.
  3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 3, 2017

Going to bump this. Ariana is worse tonight. They are trying to transfer her to St. Jude. Please pray she can be transferred quickly and that she can be strong enough to transfer.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 4, 2017

If they can get her to St. Jude, there is hope. My friend's daughter was gifted several quality years of life from their work.

5. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Apr 4, 2017

Sending prayers

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 4, 2017

Update... They are transferring her to St.Jude as we speak!!!Prayers for all involved with this little lady and Ariana.

Sandile likes this.
  7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2017

Bumping this... This little girl still needs prayers. From her go fund me page..."We are HOME for a little over a week! We still don't know what the next step is or if there will be one. Tumor board's meeting was very inconclusive, and it really depends on scans.

We go back to St. Jude Aug 1 or 2 for appts and then MRI and LP on that Friday! THAT will determine our next step. Ariana is worn out, and rightly so. Radiation was harder on her than we anticipated, but more so, the tumors are causing her to have some issues (a lot of emotional/ behavioral stuff on top of all the pain). It is very very difficult to watch. Ariana can't control when it happens; it happens often, and she remembers after and feels bad about it. It breaks my heart.... very painful on all counts!" All the stuff they are doing now is fully out of pocket. Ariana's mom is also about 34 weeks pregnant. So I ask that you pray for Ariana, but her mom & family. Thanks.

8. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Jul 26, 2017

I've been praying every day.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2017

Awe thanks. I know her family appreciates it.

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 21, 2017

Please pray for this family.... Her mom's words are truly heart wrenching. As we enjoy momenta with our families....please keep this and other families going through this or the pain of being "separated" brings this season. (I read somewhere that id you are a believer that you don't lose someone, you know where they are you are just separated... I love that.)
    From Ari's mom... FYI... You may need a tissue....

[​IMG]
    Ariana's Fight Against Brain Cancer

$54,987 of $100,000 goal

Raised by 864 people in 37 months
    Donate Now Share on Facebook
    Update 274
    Posted by Jenna Farragut
    8 hours ago

This is real. This is raw.

**Please refrain from blowing up our phones. We have asked nicely. We truly need our space!**

We are sad; we are sick; we are angry; we are scared; we are devastated... The list could go on and on. We are truly in a spot no parent should ever have to be in. Ariana’s cancer has progressed very rapidly. In just 6 short weeks she has 7 new tumors: 2 new spots in the brain, 5 large tumors in the spine. The tumor we were treating has been measured as 4 times larger than 6 weeks ago. The immunotherapy hasn’t done a thing. She’s had some issues and some pain, but we never anticipated this. No one does. Our time with her is very limited. They told us she has 4-6 weeks, maybe less, maybe more. With ATRT it’s very hard to tell. They are surprised she’s doing so “well” physically, when clinically she’s doing so poorly.... We will wrap up some things here, and then shortly after Christmas we will return home to LIVE! We are trying to make some plans... But we will let Ariana guide us.

We haven’t told her how bad it is yet, but she knows some.... She asks a lot lot of questions. We don’t lie to her. She’s had friends before her go to heaven, and she knows there is no cancer and no pain there. I find solace in that. At just 5 she’s stronger than I’ll ever be!

A fellow ATRT angel parent gave me the most sound advice I could’ve ever asked for. He said, “Don’t mourn her while she’s here, no matter how hard it is. You will have plenty time to do that when she’s gone.” I pray that you all can do that with us. Be strong in front of her. It’s going to be so damn hard, but she feels our pain, and she has enough of her own to bear.

All day after results, we were just going through the motions. They took Ariana & Jameson to play while we received results and looked over scans. After, Ari wanted to go to the cafeteria to eat. I didn’t even taste the food, but I forced myself to swallow. Then she wanted to go to the children’s museum. We took them. We played all over that place for several hours. I hurt; I watched her happy; I cried. Lee cried. We didn’t let her see us. I’m sure she will see us cry, though. It’s so damn hard to know I’m losing my very best friend. A lot of people will say that about their kids, but Ari truly is my best friend, and I’m just not ready... I know no one ever is. I watched her rock her baby, and I hurt that she will never be a mother. Cancer has stolen so much from our family... I hate it with every ounce of my being.

If you don’t know what to say, please just don’t say anything. We don’t want to hear that “God has a plan” right now. We are well aware that God has had his hand in all of this.... We are well aware that we have been blessed with 5 amazing years with the most amazing kid on Earth, but we don’t want to give her up. We know we are blessed with 2 other beautiful babies, but there will always be a void. Just pray for strength for all involved. She’s so important to so many. Most of all please pray that she doesn’t suffer. She’s suffered so much already in her short life.

Thank you all for continuing to pray with us and for loving us. I’m sorry we don’t have good news for you. I want my Christmas miracle more than anyone. We are very happy to have Christmas just the 5 of us. Extra special. Then when we get home, we can have a big family Christmas. God bless you all, and love on your children. Tomorrow is never promised!

#TeamAriana #SheDeservesMore
    #GodWillSeeUsThrough
    #NEEDAMIRACLENOW

11. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Dec 22, 2017

I pray daily for Ariana and her family.

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 19, 2018

She has been fighting. Before Xmas they only gave her 4-6 weeks. She is still here...Praise the Lord... Here's the latest update. Please continue to pray.... Her mom has put a different link to donate if you wish... Just FYI...

[​IMG]
    Ariana's Fight Against Brain Cancer

$57,505 of $100,000
    Update 283
    Posted by Jenna

They say hold on to hope...that miracles do happen. Each day we get is a miracle if you really think about it. I was hesitant to share this news bc we have lost several friends lately who were fighting cancer, and we also have several friends who aren’t doing so well. My heart is heavy for them....Then I thought about how much the GOOD matters to me. I am so uplifted when I hear others are doing well; my hope grows like wildfire. That made my decision easy.

Long story, short, we are headed back to St. Jude in Memphis!!

It has been a little over a month in the works, and things are finally working out. A BRAND new trial for progressed ATRT is opening up. Ariana’s tumors were tested to see if she qualifies, and we found out just a couple days ago that she did! Lee and I tossed the idea back and forth. It’s such a HUGE decision, and we didn’t want to make the “wrong” decision, for Ariana’s sake. We discussed it with Ariana, and she said she wasn’t ready to quit fighting. That made our decision much easier. We signed consent, and things moved very quickly! We leave TUESDAY for scans and pre work up which will be done Thurs/Fri at St. Jude. The trial will likely open the following week (26-30). That is still in the works!

This trial is a BIG difference in a lot of aspects.

1. It’s 2 small pills that she has to swallow whole with ONLY water. She’s never been able to take pills. (She and I have been practicing with mini M and Ms and tic tacs, but this concept is difficult. She keeps chewing. She is determined though, and I’d say that’s half the battle).

2.We will only have to live at St. Jude for 4 weeks.

3.Each round is 2 pills once a day for 14 days.

4. We know about side effects for 1 drug, but the other is unknown. That’s why we must live in Memphis for a month. We don’t know where we will be housed yet bc they can’t put housing in until we start the trial, so it will be some hotel living for a week or so.

Ariana has been feeling well for the most part with only pain now and then. We rarely have to give pain meds. In the past 2 days though, we’ve noticed that her right eye is starting to wander. Our onco believes that the tumors are starting to press on her optical nerves. With hope and prayers (and some new drugs), maybe we can get her tumors to shrink or become stable & save her sight in the process.

I ask that you all continue to pray for our family. We have to jump with the new trial and see where it takes us. If we feel or Ariana feels that the bad outweighs the good, we can quit and come home. That gives me some peace. We have and will always have Ariana’s quality of life as our best interest.

I hate that we will spend another holiday away from home; however, we don’t want to live with the “what-if” monster. This could be our big break! We left St. Jude on a Tuesday with 4-6 weeks. We will head back to St. Jude on a Tuesday, 13 weeks later. THAT is a miracle in itself. God’s not finished with you yet, baby girl. Ariana is so so brave, and we are more than proud of her strength, faith, and will.

#TeamAriana #WeFight #WePray
    [​IMG]

Obadiah and MrsC like this.
  13. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 20, 2018

Precious child. I am praying.

DizneeTeachR likes this.
  14. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Mar 20, 2018

That made me cry. Sending many prayers to them that this trial goes well

DizneeTeachR likes this.
  15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 20, 2018

I know... Me too!! Her mom has been very open about what has been happening. If you haven't read some of her previous posts you should. But grab a box of tissues.

16. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 14, 2018

I wanted to Thank everyone for their prayers for Ariana...we now need to pray for her family. Ariana earned her angel wings on Saturday. If you click on gofundme link in previous posts it will take you there. Thanks again!

Backroads likes this.