Praxis II Science Sub Test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by nwhiteside, Sep 1, 2016.

1. nwhiteside

nwhiteside New Member

Sep 1, 2016

I cannot seem to pass my science subtest. It's SO frustrating. I have taken it twice and (back to back) and missed both by 4 points. I am re-taking next weekend for my final try before having to move my ST to next fall :(

I passed everything else, pretty high, first time. Whyyyyyy science!! On top of it, my raw scores are the exact same for all 3 areas. I equally suck at them all.
    Any tips? Did anyone notice that many of the questions are the same? Mine were for the first two..i'm hoping is the case this next time since I've studies and researched more!

3. Debby

Debby New Member

Jan 18, 2017

Hello

I'm stuck on this same sub test!! I've taken it 4 times I think! It's so frustrating!! I hate ETS SO MUCH. You can't re-take it for 21 days after testing, each time you take the subtest is $60.00. I've read SO many study guides and practice tests and while the content is similar to what is actually on the Science subtest, they don't help at all with passing! The tests are mostly made up of material that is not covered in the study guides. At the testing center they give scrap paper but you can't keep any of it after the test, so much for jotting down notes.
    I just took (and failed) it again yesterday and as soon as I got out to my car I started writing down questions from the test that I could remember off the top of my head. I remember a lot of these questions from my previous attempts at taking this. I'm hoping that if I can study the content from the actual exam more closely that maybe I can finally pass this stupid subtest.
    I need a 159 to pass and one time I got a 155 (Oh COME ON!) and the last 2 times I got 150. Seriously, I think they are just not passing me to keep making more money. All ETS is a money making scam.