Praxis II (5047) Score

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Leslie Corpuz, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Leslie Corpuz

Leslie Corpuz Rookie

Oct 14, 2017

Hi,
    I took the Praxis this week-- middle school ELA. At the end, I did not receive any score at all. I notice in discussions here people tend to get at least a raw score. Has anyone else experienced not getting a score at all? I'm in Virginia if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

3. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Oct 14, 2017

What appeared on the screen at the end of your test? They usually give you a raw score, which is later adjusted to what is called your “scaled score.”

4. Leslie Corpuz

Leslie Corpuz Rookie

Oct 14, 2017

Nothing appeared. It only asked if I wanted my scores reported and then went blank. I just looked on the actual ETS site and it said some tests don't get raw scores. It doesn't say which, but my test involves essays, so maybe that is why?

5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Oct 14, 2017

That makes sense because they still to have at least two evaluators grade your essays. It looks like you will have to wait the month or so it takes to hear back. How do you think you did?

6. Leslie Corpuz

Leslie Corpuz Rookie

Oct 14, 2017

I probably did well on the multiple choice, but the essays were more concerning. I'm a slow writer and thinker and having to do two in 30 minutes was difficult for me. In the end, I basically pounded out some "outlines", but they didn't have much meat. If I don't make it this time, my plan is to focus on practicing essays. My fingers were literally shaking on the keys! I really feel it can go either way. I am trying to get into a career switcher program and I can't even start until I pass the test, which makes sense for the nature of the program, but a little frustrating. :)

7. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Oct 14, 2017

It seems like you did well. Here’s hoping that you pulled through and passed so you start your new career. Good luck to you! :D

8. Leslie Corpuz

Leslie Corpuz Rookie

Oct 14, 2017

Thanks for your encouragement. :)

futuremathsprof likes this.
  9. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Oct 14, 2017

You are not alone in not receiving a score of any kind. When I took the test, I specifically asked about the lack of the score, and the answer was that scores would be available in about three weeks. Turned out to be more like a month. By the time my score was available, I was tired of worrying about it. Turns out that I had a very strong score - knowing that "day of" would have been comforting. Best of luck!

Leslie Corpuz likes this.
  10. Leslie Corpuz

Leslie Corpuz Rookie

Oct 15, 2017

Thanks. I've just decided to "numb myself" to the waiting. LOL

Turned out to be more like a month. By the time my score was available, I was tired of worrying about it. Turns out that I had a very strong score - knowing that "day of" would have been comforting. Best of luck![/QUOTE]

11. Kenkad

Kenkad Rookie

Apr 16, 2018

How did you do? I found that test to be difficult compared to another praxis I've taken.

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 16, 2018

Welcome to A to Z, Kenkad. Are you waiting on results? Hugs if so: please find your good brain something else to do while you wait.

13. Leslie Corpuz

Leslie Corpuz Rookie

May 26, 2018

Turns out, I did just fine. 188. How about you? I imagine you have heard by now as well. I have also taken the ESL one since then and received a score that same day. That was nice. No essays on that one. :)