PRAXIS 5018 Pass/Fail Question

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by KKCM, Jan 22, 2015.

1. twinkle

twinkle Rookie

Apr 30, 2015

Hello Melfrady. Did you get your results yet?
    I took mine a few weeks ago and still waiting for the results...

2. MrsLU1

MrsLU1 New Member

May 13, 2015

Need Help

Good Evening,

I am to take the Praxis in Tennessee in a few weeks, but I don't know where to study from, what I should be studying exactly, or how to guarantee pass this Praxis II 5018 on the first try. I have a possible job offer for this fall 2015, so I HAVE TO PASS NOW! lol Please assist if you can. Thank you!

3. Lady V

Lady V Rookie

May 14, 2015

HI! I studied from the Praxis website-the companion review. It gave several questions and then the reasons for the answers. I also googled 'praxis 5018 study guide' and all sorts of videos came up to watch that covered the highlights of each subject. I would say really study English and math if those are not strong for you as they make up the majority of your score. I will say I only studied for maybe 4 hours total though but I think since I am in school right now that probably helped because the material is very fresh.
    Good luck! I live in TN also and I graduate in one year with my Masters in K-6!!!

4. Teach4Den

Teach4Den New Member

May 22, 2015

Praxis 5018

I took the Praxis II (5018) yesterday and received a raw score of 180. I am confused about this score because there were only 140 questions on the test. Any ideas? In reading the CO Dept Education's bulletin from June '14, it says that a raw score of 83 on the older test with 120 questions is a passing score.
    Thanks!

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 22, 2015

I think your 180 is probably a scaled score.

6. Teach4Den

Teach4Den New Member

May 22, 2015

Thanks, TeacherGroupie. I sure hope so!

7. Alashae

Alashae New Member

Jun 5, 2015

What materials should I use to study for Praxis II 5001 I am stressing!! Is study materials similar to that of 5031?

8. kisskiss13

kisskiss13 New Member

Aug 9, 2015

What did you study to help you pass

Hay, what did you use to study. I am taking my test September 19!! I need as much advice as possible. Thanks

9. new2teach15

new2teach15 Rookie

Aug 10, 2015

I took the praxis 5018 test a couple of weeks ago and just received my official score on Friday. I needed a 163 to pass and received a 173. To prepare for the test I used a study guide from a company called mometrix. It was nice because it had links to go to where topics were discussed in more detail. I warn you that some of the videos were on the cheesy side, but it helped so I can't complain too much. I also purchased a study guide for the praxis 5014 test at Barnes and noble. I printed the study companion from the ets website and used that as well. Good luck.

lynteach likes this.
  10. GKlutch

GKlutch New Member

Aug 22, 2015

Just took the 5001 today and had a very similar score in reading with a 45. Curious to hear what your full score was if you don't mind me asking. Hoping for the best! thanks

11. Ljirsa77

Ljirsa77 New Member

Aug 25, 2015

Hello,
    I am in the process of acquiring a transitional license. We are similar in that I have a B.S. I have to pass 5018 to be highly qualified to teach SPED in my county. I have failed this test 4 times!! 152, 159, 161, 160;/// HELP!! Give me the run down. My Math is always the lowest score and the others are proficient but random!! I am going broke taking this test and aging every time I have to take the 2 hr test. I have the practic test. SUCKS and the old K-6 content knowledge. Side note- passed the mild to moderate SPED K-12 test the first time:) I'm desperate;) Congrats, Laura

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 25, 2015

For the math, I'd recommend copying out the test outline from the Test Companion as a list, so you can see and check off what you're supposed to know, and then either engaging a tutor to help you with that or working on your own through that content in Khan Academy, www.khanacademy.org, starting with the stuff you're fairly sure you know.

13. Gods child

Gods child New Member

Feb 4, 2016

Teacher groupie this helps. I just took my test 5018 content knowledge today and thought I was in the clear until I came home to see that things have changed since I graduated in 2010. I made a 140 on my test and was jumping for joy as I've taken it oh just 3 times before that and kept getting a 130. I am quite upset about the change as it felt like reading was too long and really put me to sleep. I felt good about timing though.
    Raw scores were
    21/49 reading
    22/41 math
    10/25 S.S
    11/25 Science
    I can use some help as I studied from the praxis site and flash cards from quizlets finding nothing of too much listed in SS and Science. I am ready to re-take it, but my money funny. I hate this because I am ready to take it by Tuesday of next week while its all on my brain. The wait is ridiculous. I can use some study tips and places to find the social studies and science knowledge. HELP please!!!!

14. NOLATeach

NOLATeach Rookie

Feb 17, 2016

I was wondering if you got your score yet? I took the 5018 on Feb 11.

15. JMaxon

JMaxon Rookie

Feb 29, 2016

Congrats on passing!! Since you have passed the 5018, do you have any advice for those of us still trying to pass it?? I have taken it several times and tried several different study options with NO luck. I would really appreciate any advice you could give.

16. NOLATeach

NOLATeach Rookie

Feb 29, 2016

What methods have you tried? I took it and passed. I used the study materials from the ETS website and a study guide from Barnes and Noble. I also took practice tests on TechersTestPrep website.

17. JMaxon

JMaxon Rookie

Feb 29, 2016

ETS does not have any study materials for the 5018, but I have taken the practice test they have. I have used study materials for the Missouri Hi-Set (high school equivalency test), I have used what I can find on Quizlet and 5014 study guides. I am getting very frustrated as I have been soo close but still not passed. What was the name of the study guide from Barnes and Noble?

18. NOLATeach

NOLATeach Rookie

Feb 29, 2016

19. NOLATeach

NOLATeach Rookie

Feb 29, 2016

OOPS- JMaxon.. I posted my reply as part of your original post. Sorry!

20. jkwain

jkwain Rookie

Mar 7, 2016

Hi! What was your score? I took it today and the computer didn't give me a score so now I'm having to wait! My raw scores aren't far off from yours so thays why I was curious what you made overall. Thanks!!